A BOX OF Mitchell Reels

Discussions On All Vintage Mitchell Reels...
ReelFreak

A BOX OF Mitchell Reels

Post by ReelFreak »

A box of reels that are basically a lifetime of consuming these amazing reels. My stepfather was a tournament bass fisherman and he only used Mitchell’s. He was so proud of his setups. I remember him laughing is @$$ off at me with these huge bird nests of line as I was using the earlier versions of the “modern” baitcast reels from the likes of Diawa and Shimano.

I am sure I will restore a handful of these reels, but it seems a waste to let them rot away in a box.

Link to the reels below

https://youtu.be/wVP4YhzBJqk?si=WUtbAJt4AIp1rs-6

Sandman

Re: A BOX OF Mitchell Reels

Post by Sandman »

ReelFreak, that's a pile of old Mitchells. Plenty of 300 parts to make a few work and spare parts to boot.. There were somewhere on the order of 13M 300s made spanning four decades. The most prolific spinning reel model ever produced.

I think I saw what is known as a CAP '54. Those have some collector value. The other with some value is the 408. It looks pretty nice and they go for a bit. I'm not talking retirement money, but if your looking to get anything, those would be the two to put up for sale. Maybe the ABU too. The rest are to play with.

The members here can help with you with any rebuild info needed.

Sandman

ReelFreak

Re: A BOX OF Mitchell Reels

Post by ReelFreak »

Thank you for the summary of that pile of reels