Garcia Mitchell 326

Our Mitchell Museum gets many great questions we'll try to post here to help more than one person...
Coomby

Garcia Mitchell 326

Post by Coomby »

I have an old Garcia Mitchell 326 which I have had since I was a kid. I have had it since I was 13 or 14 back in 1980 or 1981 and I am not sure if it was new then. I have recently tried to restore it it but am struggling to get any info on the 326. I am struggling with the bail arm spring. I have seen some really useful YouTube clips on restoring the 320 and 324 but the 326 is different. It appears to have a plastic plate under the spool and I am not sure whether or how this might come off. Any advise would be much appreciated …

Ted Lanham

Re: Garcia Mitchell 326

Post by Ted Lanham »

Coomby,
:text-welcomeconfetti: to the Mitchell Reel Museum.

You have me stumped. I have never seen or heard of a Mitchell 326. Of course, it could be just a matter of the 326 not being imported to the US.

Could you post a close-up picture or two of your reel on the forum? That might help.

Regards,
Ted Lanham

piscesman

Re: Garcia Mitchell 326

Post by piscesman »

Has me stumped too Ted. Only logical answer would be you stated. Pictures speaks volumes. 3 possibilities. 320, 325 or 316. Maybe dirty around the stamping which would cause confusion. Describing the size or spool shape would help also...........
Kim