Mitchel Reel Musem - Mitchel Mates Discussion Group

Mitchell Reel Museum Discussion Group

If you are looking to collect, buy, repair, service, learn, ask questions or go fishing with a vintage Mitchell Fishing Reel, you are at the right place! We are just Mitchell Reel collectors and enthusiast who enjoy an open discussion forum on "vintage" Mitchell Fishing Reels. Please Click Here to learn how to make a post and ask about Mitchell reel service or repairs, get advice on buying or collecting, or any other question in this free public forum.

"Click Here to Find Vintage Mitchell Reels For Sale Worldwide"

It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:38 am

Page 1 of 1   [ 11 posts ]
New Topic Add Reply
 Post subject: Are things missing?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:12 pm • #  

Is it me or are things missing on the home page? And did the login move to the left? Is the site going to take another crap? :sAng_banghead2: :sAng_scream:

May your lines always be tight, Don

Post subject: Re: Are things missing?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:53 pm • #  

Hey Don,

The "Home" tab does appear to be empty now. I wouldn't have noticed unless you mentioned because my MRM saved link goes directly to the "Forum" tab - which appears to be okay, since I just posted a reply in a thread.

May I ask you to please not post gutter language, however frustrating the situation may be?

John

P.S. Some other tabs are empty, as well: Store, Dating, History, Studies, & Videos.

P.P.S. I just PM'ed and emailed Ted.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:40 pm • #  

John,
Being a christian, I make it a point not to use foul language!
With ALL due respect I don't consider "crap" gutter language.
If I do have anything like this to say again, I will try to remember to say #2.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:48 pm • #  
Global Moderator

Mates,
I will attempt to contact Wallace tomorrow.
Ted

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:42 pm • #  
Global Moderator

Mates,
Wallace said he was aware of some of the problems we were experiencing, and he had an IT person working on them. It sounded like he may be thinking of separating the forum from the museum, since the museum is a expensive and troublesome thing to keep up.
I'll post any new information as I receive it.
Regards,
Ted Lanham

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:09 pm • #  

Ted,
I myself think the Museum should have some type of dues, weather monthly or yearly. And I'm not talking drain your pockets money. If I were computer & business savvy, and the suite were to close due to money I'd take it over. And do exactly that, but I'm not savvy in anyway. Well hope things work out, I would miss this place.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:20 pm • #  

Ted and Mates,

At this point, I would say there is a surprising absence of commentary from Mates.

I see there are only 56 views to this thread (and I know several of those are repeats from me).

Could this be because "MRM website" is missing from the subject line (title) of this thread? Might "Have things gone missing from the MRM website?" have been a better title? Otherwise, things missing from what and do I bother to click? Who can say? Ted, anyway to edit this?

If it's no longer possible to maintain the museum part, is there a way all that valuable content could be archived for collectors to access? Maybe a DVD or an online archive to access for an appropriate fee?

In any case, if some type of a transition is required, I'm sure it will be handled with appropriate planning and notification.

You may recall that, as J Fishkat, I referred to my volunteer work at a museum identifying specimens. I upload my photographs and details to an online database. Well, the database breaks occasionally and we need to call in the consultants to fix. So, I respect what you all are going through.

John

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:48 am • #  

I haven't seen any activity in the last few days. I'm just seeing if we can still post.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:03 am • #  

To all concerned, Also not being computer savvy I know something is wrong with our site. Hopefully Wallace can have it fixed without it taking a financial toll on him. If it comes to it I would be willing to pay a small monthly fee if it comes to that. Remember what Lee Iacocca said, "there is no free lunch".Maybe it would be better to run the site as a dues paying entity. What ever happens I hope all the information is preserved in some way , so that it can be purchased if a member of the museum wants it. I think I said it last time we had a problem but I for one would be truly heartsickened if the museum would fold.Well , enough rambling from a 75 year old with a lot of memories of his mitchell fishing days. :sCh_fisherman: Oscillator1, a Mitchell Man forever!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:20 pm • #  
Global Moderator

Oscillator1,
I agree with you 100% about all the content held in the museum.
Like I reported earlier, I talked with Wallace about the problems, and he said he had someone working on it.
Haven't heard anything since.
I don't feel comfortable adding more pressure to Wallace about the problems, because I have no idea what he's dealing with, both with the museum and personally.
I, likewise, have no idea how this situation is going to end.

Ted Lanham

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:53 am • #  

For fear of putting a thread in the wrong place. Maybe someone can make a thread, to take a survey about membership dues. To take the burden off one person! Or for other ideas to keep the forum working.

Page 1 of 1   [ 11 posts ]
New Topic Add Reply