Mitchell CAP 304 My First Ever Reel

Here you can show off your collection or share your favorite Mitchell fishing reels, catches and spots!
Merlot

Mitchell CAP 304 My First Ever Reel

Post by Merlot »

I`d like to introduce myself to the site & forum and show the first reel I ever owned.
A Mitchell CAP 304*, given to me on my 3rd birthday by my late Father in 1962, as he knew it would be simple to operate and suitable for my small hands & fingers. After over 59 years in my possession, Its still going strong, its still being used and its never missed a beat. Yes its been pampered beyond belief, but without doubt, its the most precious item of tackle I will ever own.

* The CAP was actually second hand then...

Mitchell CAP 304 Third Birthday.jpg
Mitchell CAP 304 Third Birthday.jpg (101.27 KiB) Viewed 5122 times

don309

Re: Mitchell CAP 304 My First Ever Reel

Post by don309 »

Merlot :text-welcomeconfetti:
You keep her (304) well. It is so nice to look back on good memories.

Not home retired and fishing! Or playing with my Mitchell's!
Regular_reel

Post by Regular_reel »

What a wonderful reel, and such a thoughtful and great gift for someone so small at the time, perfect! :)

I am now thinking maybe I should explore the option of a 304 maybe for my young son and daughter, as they are both very interested in fishing, which I hope to remain ongoing, but we shall see. ;) As you have mentioned, the size is perfect for smaller hands to operate.

allansharkey

Post by allansharkey »

Hi, memories are personnel and can be made with any reel, the same as yours was with the CAP 304, Mitchell have made many small reels for small hands, my youngest son 44 memory reel is a 300 with a high speed round red logo handle, when I taught him to fish I had a 300 and a match reel, he had mixed the two reels up in his memory, so I made him up the one he remembered, rather than explain he was wrong, its still in his tackle bag although not often used it will hopefully always remind him of when I taught him how to fish, he is now teaching his 4 year old daughter to fish, and so the Mitchell memories continue, my grandson now 22 has a polished 300 in a red and black box with a yellow tray I gave him for his 16th birthday with a Date printed label, the memory is more important than the reel model, Allan

prince24

Post by prince24 »

Hi Sir,
Could you please let me know about the 304 spool line capacity ? :roll: