Mitchel Reel Musem - Mitchel Mates Discussion Group

Mitchell Reel Museum Discussion Group

If you are looking to collect, buy, repair, service, learn, ask questions or go fishing with a vintage Mitchell Fishing Reel, you are at the right place! We are just Mitchell Reel collectors and enthusiast who enjoy an open discussion forum on "vintage" Mitchell Fishing Reels. Please Click Here to learn how to make a post and ask about Mitchell reel service or repairs, get advice on buying or collecting, or any other question in this free public forum.

"Click Here to Find Vintage Mitchell Reels For Sale Worldwide"

It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
New Topic Add Reply
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 4:25 pm • #  

ImageImageImage

I bought a 8.5ft Garcia Mitch Forrester B351, Made in USA,   in brand new condition, dont think its ever been used, I dont know much about Older rods, i just picked this one up at a yard sale for a few bucks, is it old? looks like its old, appears to be 60's 70's, but is so clean im not sure... here are some pics below,

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 5:30 pm • #  
Global Moderator

Hi there Mate Welcome to the group!

Mitch Forrester was a gentleman that was hired by Garcia to make recommendations on rods being designed for either a specific type of fishing and to invigorate sales by marketing his name.
This is the best I can surmise.  They did this also with Lee Wulf with fly rods.  I think that is quite a large rod you have.  How and or where will you fish with it.  That nice of a rod would be great to start your collection. I would love if you could also post photos of the cork and reel seat.  Cheers!

Regards,  Scott  Image

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 7:32 pm • #  

ImageImageImageImage

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 7:31 am • #  
Global Moderator

Hi There,

Thanks so much for the extra photo's of your rod.  Most likey your rod was made in the mid to late 60's.  A couple of factors here help to determine that. 1) there is not rod information on lure and line wt.  2) the end caps on either side of your cork handle are pretty square with only a slight taper as it is seated over the cork  Rods usually in the seventies have a metal cap theat goes over the cork on both ends.  Another way you can tell is by the wrappings over the guides.    I cannot see that, but the wrapping at the rod base is typical of 2100 series rods.  It really is a nice rod and good find.  Cheers!Image

Regards,  Scott

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 4:59 pm • #  

I put it on ebay, just to see what happends, put a pretty low Reserve on it, along with better pictures, Ebay.com, Link below if your interested in viewing,
http://cgi.ebay.com/Vinta...in_0&hash=item19c537f1d3

Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
New Topic Add Reply