Mitchel Reel Musem - Mitchel Mates Discussion Group

Mitchell Reel Museum Discussion Group

If you are looking to collect, buy, repair, service, learn, ask questions or go fishing with a vintage Mitchell Fishing Reel, you are at the right place! We are just Mitchell Reel collectors and enthusiast who enjoy an open discussion forum on "vintage" Mitchell Fishing Reels. Please Click Here to learn how to make a post and ask about Mitchell reel service or repairs, get advice on buying or collecting, or any other question in this free public forum.

"Click Here to Find Vintage Mitchell Reels For Sale Worldwide"

It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]
New Topic Add Reply
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:19 pm • #  

Mates,

Some background information is in this MRM thread:
Huron Fishing Tackle Inc. (Quebec, Canada)

In that thread there’s an ad from 14-May-1970 which states that Conolon rods would now be assembled in Canada and would be called Garcia Huron Rods. A choice of 190 rods is offered. Can it be?

One of those choices is presented here, my 2675 6½’ light action spinning rod. See images below – I also included one of its Allan guides.

John
Attachment:
Huron_Tackle Garcia_Conolon rod.jpg

Attachment:
Huron_Tackle Garcia_Conolon decal.jpg

Attachment:
Allan guide.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:23 pm • #  

This rod is likely from 1970, possibly 1971 – since it’s green and does not have a Garcia red wedge. The Green series ended in 1970 in the US. See catalog content (below) from the 1970 Garcia Fishing Annual about the corresponding Green series 2675. Based on the 1972 Annual, Garcia Conolon had switched to placing the red wedge Garcia logo on all their rods by then, from what I can tell. The 1971 Annual has a mix of logos, so it’s unclear to me whether old photos were used for some series or the switch was only partial that first year.
Attachment:
7000 Garcia Annual 153 Green rods.jpg

Attachment:
7000 Garcia Annual 153 Green excerpt.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]
New Topic Add Reply