Mitchel Reel Musem - Mitchel Mates Discussion Group

Mitchell Reel Museum Discussion Group

If you are looking to collect, buy, repair, service, learn, ask questions or go fishing with a vintage Mitchell Fishing Reel, you are at the right place! We are just Mitchell Reel collectors and enthusiast who enjoy an open discussion forum on "vintage" Mitchell Fishing Reels. Please Click Here to learn how to make a post and ask about Mitchell reel service or repairs, get advice on buying or collecting, or any other question in this free public forum.

"Click Here to Find Vintage Mitchell Reels For Sale Worldwide"

It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]
New Topic Add Reply
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:08 am • #  

Got the rod in Yesterday, and the cork looks like it needs replacing:( Other than that it looks like a solid rod. Can't seem to figure out what model it is? Guides and wraps look Ok, the action is still very good, but my Mitchell 300 would not seat into the reel seat? "I tweaked the rear one a bit trying:( Dam quick seats fine though:)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:11 am • #  

More Pics

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:12 am • #  

More Pics

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:13 am • #  

More Pics

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:39 pm • #  

How long is it?? Need close up picture of information label. Could give us a better idea of exact model. 3 star rating is for all green poles. 2 stars are for blue which was their lowest rating. Conolon poles are still superior to the garbage you will find peddled these days.....
Kim :sCh_fisherman: :sCo_hmmthink:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:28 pm • #  

Sorry for the delay, been working:P A chunk of the cork came off, it's looking like I'm going to half to figure out a way to replace it. As for the label info Best I could do is show whats left of the decal.

As far as I can tell it say's 6 1/2' Light Action, 1/4oz 1/2oz lures 4-6lb test, three star. The rod is very nice!!, I would like to reuse the original caps for the cork if possible:)

Any pointers on cork replacement would be very appreciated!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:04 pm • #  

That's a big patch, you might consider cork ring(s) sized to shaft diameter, cut in half (horizontally) glued in place and sized to fit the existing handle taper...

Possibly stained to fit in with existing cork colour...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:53 am • #  

Moses1968
I agree with really. You will need some tools. It's a little to much to get into here. If you'd like PM me with you email, I'll go into detail tools you can make and may have with photos.

May your lines always be tight, Don

Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]
New Topic Add Reply