Mitchel Reel Musem - Mitchel Mates Discussion Group

Mitchell Reel Museum Discussion Group

If you are looking to collect, buy, repair, service, learn, ask questions or go fishing with a vintage Mitchell Fishing Reel, you are at the right place! We are just Mitchell Reel collectors and enthusiast who enjoy an open discussion forum on "vintage" Mitchell Fishing Reels. Please Click Here to learn how to make a post and ask about Mitchell reel service or repairs, get advice on buying or collecting, or any other question in this free public forum.

"Click Here to Find Vintage Mitchell Reels For Sale Worldwide"

It is currently Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
New Topic Add Reply
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:05 am • #  

hi ive read probably a good 12 hours through countless forums, post, and blogs and cant find anything about this Rod here is a quote from Rock an administrator on this site

"I can't wait to see the pictures, because I haven't seen a 2508 with gold guides and tip. The 2500 series of spinning rods were the brown 3-star rods. The deluxe series were always the 2000 series 5-star rods. In around 1972, the brown rods became 4-star rods but remained 2500 series rods, and the deluxe rods became the 2100 series, but remained 5-star rods. I believe that these changes in labeling occured because at the same time, Garcia eliminated the custom line (previous 2700 series) and the gold line (previous 2100 series)."

this is about the extent of info i can find..any help would be much appreciated.. pics inc

-Aaron

Last edited by aaron77 on Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:33 am • #  

[img][IMG]http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a602/aaron7733/garc/DSCN0128_zps2c4512ae.jpg[/img]
Image[/img]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:05 am • #  
Global Moderator

Hi Aaron,

1st I did receive your PM, Thank you! 2nd welcome to the group mate. 3rd, what a super nice looking salt water rod you have that appears to be in incredible condition. A rod like that in it's condition is extremley tough to find. It might take me a few days to pin point exactly what year your type of rod was initially manufactured. My guess would be very early 60's. The label type, cork, chromed reel seat, and guide wrappings place it there. I have a couple that are almost identical in style. By the way I am glad you spent some time reviewing old posts, your research is pretty accurate. Thanks for sharing the photo's of your rod to everyone. I hope you enjoy the forum and I look forward to seeing posts from you in the future. Cheers!

Regards, Scott

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:24 am • #  

thank you Scott. any ideas of the value for this rod,and if i were to put it on ebay what would be a good price to start the auction at or would you even suggest putting it on ebay? I don't think they're are many of these around and fewer even, in as nice condition

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:34 am • #  
Global Moderator

Hi Aaron,

Geez, by the tone of your 1st note i thought that you were thrilled to have it either to fish or to keep in your collection. As for value, it will always be what someone is willing to pay. If you are putting on EBAY just make sure you show plenty of close-up photo's and do not misrepresent any flaws. That being said quality usually get's its value! I would be interested for my collection but my #$ would be low giving me $$ room someday if I ever decide to downsize. Right now I am still adding. Cheers!

Regards, Scott

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:44 am • #  

lol unfortunately i dont fish or i would keep it. it is very beautiful. didn't understand your last post fully about #$ but if your interested shoot me an offer and i definitely consider it, and thank you again for the help

Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
New Topic Add Reply