Mitchel Reel Musem - Mitchel Mates Discussion Group

Mitchell Reel Museum Discussion Group

If you are looking to collect, buy, repair, service, learn, ask questions or go fishing with a vintage Mitchell Fishing Reel, you are at the right place! We are just Mitchell Reel collectors and enthusiast who enjoy an open discussion forum on "vintage" Mitchell Fishing Reels. Please Click Here to learn how to make a post and ask about Mitchell reel service or repairs, get advice on buying or collecting, or any other question in this free public forum.

"Click Here to Find Vintage Mitchell Reels For Sale Worldwide"

It is currently Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:00 pm

Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]
New Topic Add Reply
 Post subject: 350 Green Handle Knobs?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:53 am • #  

Very good to see the MRM back up and running again, it has been quite a long time as I was not brave enough to risk an attack from who knows where or what. My question is did Mitchell produce any other reels besides the 350 that had a green knob on the handle? I have seen a few lately for sale and am wondering if they are factory issue, thanks in advance and it is very good to be back! John

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:48 pm • #  
Global Moderator

hello John,

Mitchell put the green handle knobs on the 314 -350 and 358 in the Euro zone .

regards,

Dries :sAni_fish:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:37 pm • #  

Hello John and Dries,

Also the M34s and PIRSU 4s (Mitchell 340s) had green handle knobs........But then again, except for the spool and drag knob, the whole reel was green! :sFun_rofl: They too were European distribution only.

Regards,
Chris

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:34 pm • #  

Glad to be back to the old Museum :sHa_biggrin: It's been a long time so guess Wallace raised the $3000 to get it back.

Mates, I have this 300 Albatros that I got from Europe. I don't know why anybody would change the handle, but I assume it isn't real - unless .....??? Anyway - here it is:

Randy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:05 pm • #  
Global Moderator

Hi Randy,

I have the same reel with the black handle knob.

regards,

Dries :sAni_fish:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:14 am • #  

Hi Dries, Chris, and Randy
Thank you all for the information, I do not have a single reel like these but I do have better knowledge of them now. I think for now I will stay in my comfort zone with the first version 300A double red band reels and just dream about the others. TNX!! John

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:51 am • #  

Hi John, Dries and Randy,

John, here are a few examples of my green knob reels for clarifiation. In my opinion the Mitchell 358s were primarily European distribution and most, if not all had green handle knobs.
Attachment:
1st Ver Mitchell 358 1.jpg

The M34s and PRISU4s did not say Mitchell on them but they were in fact Mitchell 340 reels. They had green bodies and green handle knobs.
Attachment:
340 M34 Collection.jpg

Some of the Mitchell 314s came with green drag knobs and green handle knobs. To the best of my knowledge, these were European distribution only as well (Albatros, ARCA, Balzer and Mitchell only).
Attachment:
Green-Green 314s.jpg

Hope this provides additional clarification :tup .

Randy, nice 300 Albatros and while I've never seen a 300 with a green handle knob (both my 300 Albatros reels, engraved and silver sticker, have black knobs too.), I would never rule it out - especially since it is Euro Distro as well.

Kind Regards,
Chris

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]
New Topic Add Reply