Mitchel Reel Musem - Mitchel Mates Discussion Group

Mitchell Reel Museum Discussion Group

If you are looking to collect, buy, repair, service, learn, ask questions or go fishing with a vintage Mitchell Fishing Reel, you are at the right place! We are just Mitchell Reel collectors and enthusiast who enjoy an open discussion forum on "vintage" Mitchell Fishing Reels. Please Click Here to learn how to make a post and ask about Mitchell reel service or repairs, get advice on buying or collecting, or any other question in this free public forum.

"Click Here to Find Vintage Mitchell Reels For Sale Worldwide"

It is currently Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:46 am

Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]
New Topic Add Reply
 Post subject: Mint C.A.P. 304 SN 0922
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:46 pm • #  

Gentlemen. I have what I believe is a 4th edition Mitchell CAP 304, probably 1956 vintage. My father left it to me. It is mint, I don't believe it was ever used. It has Mitchell 304 engraved on the body; an "A Garcia Product" yellow sticker on the body; C.A.P. and MADE IN FRANCE cast into the other side of the body; and serial number 0922 engraved near MADE IN FRANCE. I have the original blue box and owner's manual printed in France. I still have my original 1950's 300 and am not a collector. Does this 304 have significant value? If so, it is for sale.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:03 am • #  

Hello rickets,

Welcome to the Group :sSig_welcome2: .

Sounds like you have a very nice Mitchell CAP 304. In determining value, condition is everything to include the condition of the box and paperwork. Photos would help in determining value. While not exceptionally rare or of "significant" value, CAP 304s in mint condition with very nice boxes and paperwork normally go for around $75.00 to $100.00. I believe your reel's serial number is missing some digits - they are frequently very faint, requiring magnification to determine the full number but I agree with your estimation of the date of the reel (again, photos would help in narrowing the year). The true value of any reel however, is what someone else is willing to pay for it.

Mitchell "round body" reels (CAP, 304, 314s) are my favorite reels in my collection. I would be interested in your reel but would need photos to make you a valid offer.

Regards,
Chris

Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]
New Topic Add Reply