810 gasket

Our Mitchell Museum gets many great questions we'll try to post here to help more than one person...
allansharkey

810 gasket

Post by allansharkey »

I recently purchased two 810 reels, the 1980 had a red gasket the other no readable serial number or gasket, the one that had no gasket run well the one with the gasket sounds awful, so I took it out and it runs much better, been trying to find a schematic, very hard since the museum site got trashed, I know some 840 reels have gaskets the match does but some do not, can any one help, thanks Allan

Grahamwin

Re: 810 gasket

Post by Grahamwin »

allansharkey wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:51 pm I recently purchased two 810 reels, the 1980 had a red gasket the other no readable serial number or gasket, the one that had no gasket run well the one with the gasket sounds awful, so I took it out and it runs much better, been trying to find a schematic, very hard since the museum site got trashed, I know some 840 reels have gaskets the match does but some do not, can any one help, thanks Allan
I understand that the later made 840/810 reels had gaskets but the earlier manufactured reels did not have a red gasket, the ones without a gasket are said to be the better reels!

allansharkey

Re: 810 gasket

Post by allansharkey »

Thanks, that helps Allan