Missing Thread

Our Mitchell Museum gets many great questions we'll try to post here to help more than one person...
piscesman

Missing Thread

Post by piscesman »

Sometimes when I get on this site before I log in, I see a Conolon thread. It disappears once I log in. Other times it doesn't show up. Anyone else have this problem. Thanks.........
Kim :?: :?:

Ted Lanham

Re: Missing Thread

Post by Ted Lanham »

Kim,
I haven't noticed anything like that, but I miss a lot

Regards,
Ted Lanham

John Fishkat

Post by John Fishkat »

Hey Kim,

:idea: It's possible that's an old page image saved in your browser's cache. Try clearing your cache - for browsing history only, not passwords (it's a pain to re-enter those, if you're using your cache for those).

Alternatively, it could be you have a deep longing for the former Conolon section. :text-lol:

John

piscesman

Post by piscesman »

Ted, I clean my cookies out every other time shutting down to prevent that. With computers anything is possible. John, You ARE right there. Maybe I'll find something interesting there to post. I know we had this discussion a while back. Some people are for the thread, and some are against. For me it's hard to imagine using a Mitchell reel without a Conolon pole. Just my :twocents-02cents:
Kim

Ted Lanham

Post by Ted Lanham »

Kim,
I have gained five pounds since Christmas getting rid of those cookies. :laughing-rolling:

Ted

John Fishkat

Post by John Fishkat »

Okay guys, just to clarify.

Cache and cookies are different.

Cache is a memory where the browser stores HTML pages, related images, Javascript, and CSS on the user’s machine. Whenever a user visits a website, at first the browser inspects objects in its cache before requesting it from the website.

A cookie is a small file (~4 Kb) that tracks the user’s browsing sessions.

So, clearing the cache loses much more weight than deleting cookies.