Mitchel Reel Musem - Mitchel Mates Discussion Group

Mitchell Reel Museum Discussion Group

If you are looking to collect, buy, repair, service, learn, ask questions or go fishing with a vintage Mitchell Fishing Reel, you are at the right place! We are just Mitchell Reel collectors and enthusiast who enjoy an open discussion forum on "vintage" Mitchell Fishing Reels. Please Click Here to learn how to make a post and ask about Mitchell reel service or repairs, get advice on buying or collecting, or any other question in this free public forum.

"Click Here to Find Vintage Mitchell Reels For Sale Worldwide"

It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:50 pm

Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]
New Topic Add Reply
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:29 am • #  

Hello,

In 1992, Mitchell made a video K7 "THE MITCHELL UNIVERSE". On this K7 the images of the factory are those of the 1990s, the reels shown are also of these years. On the other hand very beautiful pictures of the valley of the Arve (Cluses and the bridge, etc.).
In this film we see for a few seconds a Mitchell truck with a "small Mitchell 300 reel". Also note the name Carpano & Pons on the door
I made a stop on the image and took a picture of this truck.
Attached the photo, I think this truck was part of the advertising caravan of a bicycle race, in my opinion the "Critérium du Dauphiné Libéré", run in this region.
Average photo quality, but readable
Attachment:
camion 1.jpg

Attachment:
camion 2.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:23 am • #  

Hello Laroupane,
I also have the same video from 1992 but never seen another one until now!!, Thanks for showing.
I also have some very old tapes showing the old Mitchell Factory and the workers it`s on the old tape to tape reels would have to set up a cinema to show them!!.
Will try to send pictures of the for you to see.

Regards James.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:30 pm • #  

Hello Laroupane and James.

Great photo - That VW Bus would make an awesome addition to the Mitchell collection ( I don't think my wife would agree though - especially after shipping from Europe)! :sHa_biggrin: Thanks for sharing.

Regards,
Chris

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:02 pm • #  

Hi Mates,

Love the picture of the Mitchell truck/bus. I would enjoy seeing pics from the film James mentions some day. I wonder where the big Mitchell reel on top of the vehicle ever ended up???

Best regards, Dennis2149

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:11 pm • #  

Attachment:
Mitchell camion.png

Hey Laroupane,

Thank you for this fascinating post.

The image above is a snapshot (frame capture) from a video file. Then I did a little photo-editing of the still.

The topic of Mitchell trucks has come up on the MRM Forum with some other vehicles. JPC provided a picture (inserted below) from the book, Moulinets de la vallée de L'Arve.
http://www.mitchellreelmuseum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=78&t=3728&p=13414&hilit=mitchell+truck&sid=db83b920bad20ab3caeb68f6a8ea97ee&sid=db83b920bad20ab3caeb68f6a8ea97ee#p13414

OMG It’s a convoy of Mitchell trucks! Does anyone have more information and/or pictures?

John
Attachment:
Mitchell trucks.png

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:23 pm • #  

Hey Mates,

A blogger, Enric Padrós, has used his imagination to create a model of a Mitchell truck that might have been (if I am understanding him correctly).
http://arxirodet.blogspot.com/

Some fun for fans of Mitchell. Does anyone know if it is close to being historically accurate? Does anyone have an idea(s) for an accurate model?

John
Attachment:
Solido Renault Estafette.jpg

Attachment:
customized Renault Estafette.jpg

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:14 am • #  

Hello John

In the book published in 2012 where JPC found the picture, the Mitchell part is very small.
Voluntarily, the author of this book, a long-time French collector friend, has limited the pages on MItchell, for which are already publications.
The two pages devoted to Mitchell are a brief presentation of Mitchell's story. I made these two pages in 2009, and the author asked me permission to publish them in his book. I replied positively on condition that he deleted my signature.
I attach a scan of these two pages.
Regarding trucks, the last is in my opinion a bus. Ets Carpano and Pons went to pick up the distant workers to Alberville with his coaches (bus?). Before the buses, it was with sheeted trucks
They also had a social policy in advance for the time, higher hourly rates, bonus, canteen, cooperative ...
I found this information in various publications on Mitchell, the photo of a 1993 publication.
Also attached another photo of trucks.
Attachment:
histoire sur deux pages.jpg

Attachment:
camion 3.jpg

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:02 pm • #  

Hey Laroupane,

First, thank you for your significant contributions to Mitchell history. Second, thank you for your very interesting images of Mitchell trucks.

I am still toying (pun intended) with the idea of making reasonably accurate model Mitchell trucks.

So, may I ask 2 questions of you and Mates?

1. What is the color of the trucks?
The photos so far shown at the MRM Forum appear to be black & white (as might be expected for the time).

2. What are the make/model of the trucks? Is one the Citroën Type 55 as JPC has proposed?

John

Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]
New Topic Add Reply