Lost stuff from the prehacked Museum.

Our Mitchell Museum gets many great questions we'll try to post here to help more than one person...
Bonaventure

Lost stuff from the prehacked Museum.

Post by Bonaventure »

Good day Mates,

There was a lot of things on the previous iteration of Mitchell Reel Museum. The reel schematics, the section on various models, that listed them all. Lots of really valuable information. I hope it is not all lost.

I know building the site back up will take a lot of time and effort, but will some of these items be available for this site in the Future?

I believe that it is a good time to see what may have been copied and stored on our computers that may be of interest to the Museum. I can't myself, as I know that I do not have anything.

:text-bravo: A great thanks to Wallace for years of dedicated, diligent service in conceiving, initiating and building up the Museum. Having it maliciously taken and then restarting from scratch. Wallace, you have more grit and determination than I do.

Our numbers will rebuild and the site will be excellent again, it already shows promise to be. I hope the articles and tutorials and other things can be restored, I know, it will take time.

All the best, to all of you.

G. Glen Simpson
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada

Bailarm

Re: Lost stuff from the prehacked Museum.

Post by Bailarm »

There was something out there under the name 'ourboard'

I was told Wallace had set this up for us whilst the main site was being worked on. It seems this is not in the least true and it was a huge copy and paste theft!

This has now been shut down following a request from Wallace.

I don't know who the site manager was, but he seemed to think he could take whatever he wanted from the original MRM even if it had taken Wallace decades to put it all up. Some sort of Commie, I imagine.....

DO NOT PROMOTE THAT SITE!

}<)))'> Bailarm
don309

Post by don309 »

I agree so much was lost!! I learned so much in the last 5 years. I'd love to see things re posted, for both me and the new members. Of course this will take years. The lesson I learned Is to add a section of this computer, to this site.

Not home retired and fishing! Or playing with my Mitchell's!
allansharkey

Post by allansharkey »

UK site user and fan. For ten years since I retired I have been restoring and repairing mainly Mitchell egg shaped reels. I have the book that goes more in depth on the 300 so using the book and the site has been a valuable reference point, I use it almost daily to get a reel as close to original as I can, the schematics are a massive help to get part numbers and then search for parts.

I am disgusted that some one has hacked the site and caused so much damage and lose of information to the the Mitchell reel world, it was set up to help by good people to share there knowledge, it is theft of other peoples hard work and a unhappy reference to the type of pathetic moron`s that plague the internet on so many different levels now.

I miss the site every day for the information it gave me and thank the people that are working to restore it back to its former glory, good luck and thank you for your efforts I know its not the first time, its a shame some pathetic person or persons has the ability to do this un-prosecuted, as it is a crime of theft. Regards Allan

Bonaventure

Post by Bonaventure »

:twocents-02cents: I just wonder what the payoff was for this villain. How does someone gain from doing such a thing.

Glen in Nova Scotia

piscesman

Post by piscesman »

Still makes me sick as to what happened to the site. I 1st met Wallace in 2011 at the NFLCC in Daytona when "we", many Mitchell enthusiasts heard of his plans for the Museum. We all had some really good conversations in person about the potential growth of Mitchell knowledge. I don't know this site you are referring to. If you want to contact me by pm please do so. Thanks Again Wallace.........
Kim

Wallace Carney

Post by Wallace Carney »

Hi Mates, I've emailed the site in question he's STILL trying to copy AGAIN to you Kim. If anyone knows who this is, I'd love to go see him in person!!! In the meantime don't worry, the new site is growing and we'll get back to where it was. Kind Regards, Wallace

don309

Post by don309 »

:text-bravo: This is really the only site, as far as I'm concerned! And yes it will take time, but we (all the mates) will make it better than ever!
:text-goodpost:
:banana-angel: :banana-blonde: :banana-dance: :banana-dreads: :banana-rainbow: :banana-wrench: :banana-tux: :shock: :shock:

Not home retired and fishing! Or playing with my Mitchell's!
Wallace Carney

Post by Wallace Carney »

Hello Mitchell Mates,

After hearing about new books and articles, I have no choice but to warn everyone what I learned many years ago, one fact that everyone who really cares should keep in mine:

Don't Believe Everything You Read!

If I believed everything I studied including books, websites, articles, etc., then "serial numbers mean nothing!". This is what made me start my studies. After I documented 300 - Mitchell 300 reels, I became the most hated Mitchell lover in the world because I hurt their huge super-egos! This only drove me to buy another 300 - Mitchell reels. By then I was broke and had to start selling off these reels to pay for my mortgage. Then the naysayers really started the attacks saying I was just doing my studies for profit!?

By then all Mitchell Lovers were divided in three groups; one - believing me and; two - believing them and; three - (the largest group by far) refused to get involved because they didn't want to get attacked (like me)! I'm sure some were in this third group because they didn't want to hurt my feelings. I kept strong and all the mess went away and we all lived in peace, the Mitchell Reel Museum had become the most trusted source for all things Mitchell.

It now appears that group - 2 is back with a vengeance and doing whatever it takes to divide us! I'll close with this, isn't it strange that the old Mitchell Museum was in a slow crash at the same exact time someone was extracting (copied) our website!? For those that don't know what's going on, I will list the bootlegged site who is trying to do the same thing, copy us! Before you read what he's posted, know that I tried my best to get the files and folders from him to bring the Museum back in it's entirety. When he was able to copy all new posts being made in our new forum, I'd had enough and took him down. To this day he, whoever he is, has not even tried to contact me to work things out.

I'm sorry for the long post but trust me, this was the short version!

https://mitchellreels.ourboard.org/

Best Regards, Wallace

Simone Baschirotto

Post by Simone Baschirotto »

Hi Wallace, there are also new collectors like me.
I did not know these conflicts between collectors with different historical views.
I find this quite stupid, we are adults and it is about whirlpools. Helping each other helps to understand more easily.
I hope nobody hates me when I express my opinions one day.Personally I collect and read everything I find and what others write, but I have my head, I am critical and maybe in the future it will be my collection that will give me answers.
I did not know that the information I learned in the fake Mitchell reel museum was unfairly stolen from you.
I also read all your old discussions on that site, I think others like me did it in good faith without knowing what was happening at the time.
Don't give up, Mitchell collectors need a big new "mitchell reel museum"

Wallace Carney

Post by Wallace Carney »

Simone Baschirotto wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:37 pm Hi Wallace, there are also new collectors like me.

Hi Simone,

You are so right plus new collectors is not only the 4th category, it's the one most important to me and any other Mitchell Mate who cares. New collectors are why we exist!!! You are what keeps me going each day and I appreciate your views, questions and especially your candid replies. You keep up the good work and I will too.

Best Regards, Wallace

linewinder

Post by linewinder »

Uhh, I hope fishing users of these reels are at least in Group 4, or is there a Group 5? Some of us want a reliable source for answering questions so we can keep using this stuff. If it breaks, we want to know we can get the parts, correctly. Anyway, through all of this, if you got the proof then go get 'em. End it so we can go on enjoying the reels, some history along the way, and seeing how people used these reels, and this site. If anything, reading some history of fishing equipment (not just Mitchells) and the companies involved it becomes obvious that there was always a penchant to cheating, stealing and falsehoods in the industry -- look at the knockoffs that obviously take advantage of trademarked goods.

jtwill98

Post by jtwill98 »

Does anyone on the site recall if they ever once visited the old MRM site (or the ourboard.org pirate site)?

If so, one may have the photos they once visited still saved by your browser in a directory you're not aware exists.
Using the chromeCacheView utility from NirSoft (https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/chrome_cache_view.html) one might have them still.
It's free for those who might be curious, have a peek.

PM me if you're curious and need help with the program.