Mitchel Reel Musem - Mitchel Mates Discussion Group

Mitchell Reel Museum Discussion Group

If you are looking to collect, buy, repair, service, learn, ask questions or go fishing with a vintage Mitchell Fishing Reel, you are at the right place! We are just Mitchell Reel collectors and enthusiast who enjoy an open discussion forum on "vintage" Mitchell Fishing Reels. Please Click Here to learn how to make a post and ask about Mitchell reel service or repairs, get advice on buying or collecting, or any other question in this free public forum.

"Click Here to Find Vintage Mitchell Reels For Sale Worldwide"

It is currently Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:21 pm

Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
New Topic Add Reply
 Post subject: 304 pum
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:47 pm • #  
i have one of these. looks like a home modification, but the pum pick-up is real

Post subject: Re: 304 pum
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:47 pm • #  

Mitchell made aftermarket MPU's for many of their reels. Your 304 is no exception. NOW if you have a box with this reel in it and the box is marked MPU then you have a winner. Go to ebay and type in Mitchell and pick up. You should see what is available. The 304 MPU's came in a yellow box and 305's red. Hope this helps..
Kim :sCh_fisherman: :tup

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:43 pm • #  

I agree Kim,

The 304/305, 314/315 have been my passion since I started collecting Mitchells and I have never seen an original/factory 304 MPU. I know of only one well respected collector who has a factory MPU 304 without a "PUM" box but the documentation to prove a factory order. I think to find a NIB 304 in a marked "PUM" box would be an amazing find. There are many MPU kits out there, and they are highly desireable, but not like a factory original round body MPU.

Regards,
Chris

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 9:06 pm • #  

Hi Chris,
I was at a fishing show in Allentown, PA about 10 years ago + or -. Ran into Dennis Roberts and Bill Arp who were selling reels and stuff at a table. Talked a bit and bought stuff from them. Bill sold me a GM 304S with MPU. I asked him if it was original. He said yes because it came from a higher up at Garcia. Bill knew many people there from what he and Dennis talked about. No documentation though. The serial number on the reels is 3,200,000 range. Nice little reel.....
Kim :sCh_fisherman:

Last bumped by anonymous on Fri May 08, 2015 9:06 pm.

Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
New Topic Add Reply