Mitchell Salesman Sample Spinning Reel (??) - Model 386

Our Mitchell Museum gets many great questions we'll try to post here to help more than one person...
superduty71

Mitchell Salesman Sample Spinning Reel (??) - Model 386

Post by superduty71 »

I know this was a topic on the older version of "The Mitchell Reel Museum" but hoping to get some clarification on a reel. This was purchase some years ago & has been in my collection & I'm hoping it is a true Salesman Demo version of a Mitchell 386... From what I've read (on the old site) salesman demos have been tried to be reproduced, so I don't want to post too many pictures. I'm hoping someone can verify the authenticity of this reel.... Please let me know if there is other info needed...

Michell 386 Salesman Demo2.jpg
Michell 386 Salesman Demo2.jpg (37.07 KiB) Viewed 2673 times

Bonanza

Re: Mitchell Salesman Sample Spinning Reel (??) - Model 386

Post by Bonanza »

Hello Superduty71,

With only 1 photo posted and being a person who has handled a few of them, it looks legitimate. It could be a fake but someone would have to prove otherwise. Nice looking reel mate. Congratulations
Kind Regards, Scott

superduty71

Post by superduty71 »

Scott,

Thanks so much for your input... I only posted one picture because I remember somewhere on the old forums that they mentioned they didn't want pics posted from all angles due to people trying to reproduce them. I have have plenty of pictures if there is something that would help to confirm it's legitimacy, but as you mentioned, I believe it to be real.

I was lucky enough to pick up this at an auction many years ago; it really is in great shape if it was a salesman demo... I don't think it was handled much.

Again thanks for your response... & if other pics are needed let me know.

Dennis
Superduty71

Bonanza

Post by Bonanza »

Dennis, I would believe that our very own Wallace or across the pond James Entwistle or Martin Stone would also be a good resource 👍

Kind Regards, Scott