Mitchel Reel Musem - Mitchel Mates Discussion Group

Mitchell Reel Museum Discussion Group

If you are looking to collect, buy, repair, service, learn, ask questions or go fishing with a vintage Mitchell Fishing Reel, you are at the right place! We are just Mitchell Reel collectors and enthusiast who enjoy an open discussion forum on "vintage" Mitchell Fishing Reels. Please Click Here to learn how to make a post and ask about Mitchell reel service or repairs, get advice on buying or collecting, or any other question in this free public forum.

"Click Here to Find Vintage Mitchell Reels For Sale Worldwide"

It is currently Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:05 am

Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
New Topic Add Reply
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:00 am • #  
Administrator

Hello Mates,

I bought a Mitchell 403 from a man in Florida a few years ago. I had asked him for a blue 403 seen below. He was well know for his passion to sell "refurbished" reels including polished spools, after-market PUM assemblies, knobs and even cover plates.

A few weeks ago another Mitchell Mate bought the Mitchell 300 shown below from a member of the same "Family." I have nothing bad to say about either of these reels and especially the way they're advertised and the low prices!!!

What do you think?

ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Regards,
Wallace

Like Using This Site? Please Support Us By Clicking The Link Below

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:36 am • #  

Bonsoir, j'ai aussi acheté, probablement au même vendeur, un 403 refait, pour moi il n'existe pas dans la serie mais il est unique un peu comme celui qui reconditionne sa voiture, change la peinture, la radio, les sièges, etc... donc je sais que le mien est unique..; et le prix payé n'a de valeur que du travail de celui qui la fait. J'espère avoir été clair... A++ERIC41

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:10 am • #  
Administrator

ERIC41 wrote:
Hi, I also bought, probably the same seller, a rebuilt 403, for me it does not exist in the series but it is only a little like refurbishing an old car, change the paint, radio, seats, etc. ... So I know that mine is unique .., and the price paid has value as the work of one who does. I hope I was clear ... A + + ERIC41

Hi Eric,

I agree these are unique and also well accepted among many Mitchell collectors.

Best Regards, Wallace

Like Using This Site? Please Support Us By Clicking The Link Below

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:28 am • #  

Hi Wallace,
I think they are stunning looking reels. It must have taken him ages to prepare and paint the reels to such a high standard. I don't know how much he charges but it seems like a labour of love to me and at least no one can accuse him of making forgeries.
Regards
Wal.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:46 pm • #  

Hi Wal,

The reel you see in the picture with the 403 is my 300, a chance talk with Wallace one night i asked him if he would get this reel for me and have it sent to his address, at the moment im going through the process of moving house so having the reel safe in good hands has been my priority it also gave Wallace a break from his book.
Hey Jim i hope you like my reel when it arrives feel free to have look at it i will pick it up when we go to the meeting.

Going back to the reel im sure the work the guy has put in is a as you say a labour of love, good chance i will use this one just the once.

Regards Martin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:50 am • #  

Hi Jim,

Its nearly friday mate have my 300 packed to go to the Mitchell Mates meeting just incase i forget to pick it up from your place.

Regards Martin

Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
New Topic Add Reply