Mitchel Reel Musem - Mitchel Mates Discussion Group

Mitchell Reel Museum Discussion Group

If you are looking to collect, buy, repair, service, learn, ask questions or go fishing with a vintage Mitchell Fishing Reel, you are at the right place! We are just Mitchell Reel collectors and enthusiast who enjoy an open discussion forum on "vintage" Mitchell Fishing Reels. Please Click Here to learn how to make a post and ask about Mitchell reel service or repairs, get advice on buying or collecting, or any other question in this free public forum.

"Click Here to Find Vintage Mitchell Reels For Sale Worldwide"

It is currently Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]
New Topic Add Reply
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:37 pm • #  

Hello folks - if any serious interest let me know - box is good - not a single scratch on the reel
regards Steve

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:38 am • #  
Administrator

Hi Steve, Pictures and asking price will help. I thought you'd like to see the smaller Mitchell 1040 that sold on eBay for a very fair price:

$355.00

Good luck, wish I could afford it!!!

Wallace

Like Using This Site? Please Support Us By Clicking The Link Below

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:21 am • #  

Cheers Wallace. A friend of mine very much on the Mitchell scene fif tel me these were largely misunderstood reel with only a few seeking them.
I'm no wealth of knowledge on Mitchell and generally keep my dealings to pre-war tackle, but I reckon that poor chap got ripped off! - there's ebay for ya' tho - Im picking up bargin's on there all the time, so shouldnt knock it too much perhaps!
As far as Im concerned, these are too good to give away just because their quality hasn't become well appreciated yet, and I
can fully see why you turned down the offer you mentioned on the forum last month for your set of 3.
Perhaps it isnt the time yet for this...... I will add some pics a little later though..

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:35 am • #  

ImageImageImageImageImage

Unused. Mint kit apart from mitchell spanners tarnished. Sounds like a ghostly breeze when drum spins with ratchet off - niiiiiiiiiice! I will come down from £1100 Image

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:47 am • #  
Administrator

NICE!!! I would agree that now is not the time on many levels. Your friend is right, these are misunderstood especially the quality. Trying to compete with the good ole' made in the USA Penn big game reels, this quality drove the price up way up and over similar sized Penn reels.  I assume you're in the UK from the price so I would think it was sold by Barry Welham, Garcia Tackle, UK. Any evidence of this? I have the same owner's manual that was hidden under the top velvet. Nice find!!!

Like Using This Site? Please Support Us By Clicking The Link Below

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:36 pm • #  

Thanks Wallace - there's an Everol 2.5/0 with it, plus rods to fit both - Hardy 50lb class saltwater deluxe mint unused. circa early 70's bought to go with the 1060 but never used. the Everol was used only once on it's Hardy 30lb class rod but both of those are pretty much mint.  Ive already got a couple of client's juices going on the rods...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:00 pm • #  

oooh nearly forgot - no I cant confirm the Welham connection as i see no retailer or agent stamp on the paperwork. I think the original purchaser has slipped from this mortal coil so I'll struggle to confirm source!Image

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:40 pm • #  

Fivepinfoot,
I am late to the post, but was interested to know if you still have the 1060 with presentation box for sale?
Thanks!
Mike

Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]
New Topic Add Reply