Mitchel Reel Musem - Mitchel Mates Discussion Group

Mitchell Reel Museum Discussion Group

If you are looking to collect, buy, repair, service, learn, ask questions or go fishing with a vintage Mitchell Fishing Reel, you are at the right place! We are just Mitchell Reel collectors and enthusiast who enjoy an open discussion forum on "vintage" Mitchell Fishing Reels. Please Click Here to learn how to make a post and ask about Mitchell reel service or repairs, get advice on buying or collecting, or any other question in this free public forum.

"Click Here to Find Vintage Mitchell Reels For Sale Worldwide"

It is currently Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]
New Topic Add Reply
 Post subject: Wanted
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:50 pm • #  

301 Mitchell drive gear and bail. Just need the bail itself.

Post subject: Re: Wanted
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:17 am • #  

Jdurbin91,
Noticed you have not gotten a response so I thought I would try and help out if I can. :sHa_rollingsmilie:
May I suggest that by adding a bit more information to your post you might get a better response.
Jdurbin91 wrote:
301 Mitchell drive gear and bail. Just need the bail itself

I would like to suggest you do a little bit of research to help find your information and you can find it right here at the Mitchell Reel Museum! (MRM) :clap
Start by trying to figure out which version your 301 is. Go to the link below and see if you can find a photo of your model. If you already know then skip this step.
http://www.mitchellreelmuseum.com/index ... l-versions
If you know which version you have then see if you can get the date of manufacture. Click on the dating tab and use your serial number to find your year.
http://www.mitchellreelmuseum.com/index ... guide.html
Found your year? Great then go see if you can find a schematic of your model and year under the Schematics tab.
http://www.mitchellreelmuseum.com/index ... atics.html
Lets say your reel is dated as 1968. Select the right year range and open that window. Scroll down until you see the 1968 diagram and click on it to open. You will see a breakdown of all the parts for the 1968 reel. Find the numbers for the parts you need and jot them down. If your diagram (1968) has a parts list with it, you can look up what the correct part names are as well.

You now know the part numbers, names, and version of what you need. Writing a post for exactly what you need makes your post ten times as easy to understand and respond. Another very helpful thing you can do is attach several photos to your post. Many of the experts here can tell much more about your reel with just a photo or two and there is much to learn, believe me! But don't stop there.
Take your information and go to eBay and do a search for your part numbers and names. Also, see if you can find a reel that matches yours that is for sale for a low price. Sometimes buying a whole reel for parts (called a parts reel) can be far less expensive than buying individual parts.
That's my system and I have had pretty good luck, see if it will work for you. :sHa_okay:

Kind Regards,
Bill :tup

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:01 pm • #  

GreatLaker wrote:
Jdurbin91,
Noticed you have not gotten a response so I thought I would try and help out if I can. :sHa_rollingsmilie:
May I suggest that by adding a bit more information to your post you might get a better response.
Jdurbin91 wrote:
301 Mitchell drive gear and bail. Just need the bail itself

I would like to suggest you do a little bit of research to help find your information and you can find it right here at the Mitchell Reel Museum! (MRM) :clap
Start by trying to figure out which version your 301 is. Go to the link below and see if you can find a photo of your model. If you already know then skip this step.
http://www.mitchellreelmuseum.com/index ... l-versions
If you know which version you have then see if you can get the date of manufacture. Click on the dating tab and use your serial number to find your year.
http://www.mitchellreelmuseum.com/index ... guide.html
Found your year? Great then go see if you can find a schematic of your model and year under the Schematics tab.
http://www.mitchellreelmuseum.com/index ... atics.html
Lets say your reel is dated as 1968. Select the right year range and open that window. Scroll down until you see the 1968 diagram and click on it to open. You will see a breakdown of all the parts for the 1968 reel. Find the numbers for the parts you need and jot them down. If your diagram (1968) has a parts list with it, you can look up what the correct part names are as well.

You now know the part numbers, names, and version of what you need. Writing a post for exactly what you need makes your post ten times as easy to understand and respond. Another very helpful thing you can do is attach several photos to your post. Many of the experts here can tell much more about your reel with just a photo or two and there is much to learn, believe me! But don't stop there.
Take your information and go to eBay and do a search for your part numbers and names. Also, see if you can find a reel that matches yours that is for sale for a low price. Sometimes buying a whole reel for parts (called a parts reel) can be far less expensive than buying individual parts.
That's my system and I have had pretty good luck, see if it will work for you. :sHa_okay:

Kind Regards,
Bill :tup

I’m having a hard time reading the serial
number. Looks like it may start with a 9. But not hundred percent sure. I’ll take it to work and use a magnifying glass. Maybe I will be able to see it better

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:03 pm • #  
Global Moderator

Jdurbin91,
I've noticed that when you post a reply, you post a copy of the message you are addressing in your reply.
This isn't normally the practice, and it might be confusing for old folks, like me. :sAng_banghead2:
Most of the time, it's not necessary to keep the conversation moving. IMHO.

Regards,

Ted Lanham

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:40 pm • #  

Didn’t know it was that big of deal. All you have to do is scroll down to bottom.
Won’t need to worry about me posting anymore

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:32 pm • #  

Thanks to everyone that has helped out.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:46 am • #  

Jdurbin91,

Sorry to hear you're leaving.

Sorry that you are not understanding what it means to be a good poster - yet happy to receive the work Mates do to provide you information.

I have to second what Ted wrote. It is tedious to have to reread all the prior posts again. And, confusing. Your second post above especially so. It's complete repeat of GreatLaker's (very helpful) post that was not even identified/designated as a quote.

Ted did not even touch upon the issue of you having 2 threads with the identical nondescriptive title of "wanted" for 2 different items. Again, that's confusing. And, tedious. So, Mates are supposed to click and find out what (whether they have it or not)?

John

Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]
New Topic Add Reply