Mitchel Reel Musem - Mitchel Mates Discussion Group

Mitchell Reel Museum Discussion Group

If you are looking to collect, buy, repair, service, learn, ask questions or go fishing with a vintage Mitchell Fishing Reel, you are at the right place! We are just Mitchell Reel collectors and enthusiast who enjoy an open discussion forum on "vintage" Mitchell Fishing Reels. Please Click Here to learn how to make a post and ask about Mitchell reel service or repairs, get advice on buying or collecting, or any other question in this free public forum.

"Click Here to Find Vintage Mitchell Reels For Sale Worldwide"

It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
New Topic Add Reply
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:20 am • #  

Hello all, I go by Dan or fishawks. On eBay I am fishawks1. I have been selling some great classic Mitchells on eBay for a friend. They are the fine looking reels with the wood background. If anyone here would like to contact me direct about anything about the reels you can call me direct at (541) 937-3616 or email me fishawks@centurylink.net . I hope I am not violating any rules on this site. I am thankful to see a number of these listings on the ticker tape at the top of this page. I will try and run these listings as long as I can, and include interesting facts about the reels in the descriptions. This might be a good opportunity to save some good pictures for reference. You guys seem to have some great discussions! Dan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:18 am • #  
Administrator

Hi Dan,

I've moved your post to the correct forum. Good luck in your efforts to sell some really nice Mitchell Reels I'm sure! Posting pictures and links to eBay will help.

Regards, Wallace :sFun_oldguy:

"Greater is He that is in me than he who is in the world"

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:17 pm • #  

I'd like to be the second one to :sSig_welcome4: Dan back into the fold! I hate ebay but I'll look at what you have out there. I think ebay is the best game in town for Mitchell's. Randy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:22 pm • #  

Hello Dan,

Where are you in the search for schematics, especially on the first salt-water, for my part I have found nothing new.
Always with my best feelings,
Christian

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:27 am • #  

Thank you Randy for the welcome. Yes, I agree that eBay is the best game in town for Mitchell reels. I have to admit some of my advertised reel ads have disappeared off eBay due to alien abductions. I hope to get some more on there, but it takes a lot of time. I wonder why there isn't more interest in discussing the large salt water versions that came after 1968 and after 302's and 402's? I think they are great reels. I bought my first new 486 in fall-1986. My best friend owned a 403. We would go surf fishing and I thought the 486 was much nicer to use, and smoother. I was impressed and thrilled with the way it worked. However, I still love the 302 and the 402.

Hello Christian! I get bogged down in the schematic project. I think I have 30+ different 330 schematics in my book alone, plus a lot of other model schematics. I never found a schematic for the half bail salt water. Right now I put that project on hold. I would still like to find a first version otomatic schematic. Dan

Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
New Topic Add Reply