Confusing sn on a 330

Our Mitchell Museum gets many great questions we'll try to post here to help more than one person...
Robcfish

Confusing sn on a 330

Post by Robcfish »

One more question before I go.
I have a 330 Garcia Mitchell 330 to be exact. According to the glossary the Garcia was added in the late 60's I think is what it said. I have one but the serial number is indicating someone my have put the wrong cover on this body. #3061160 I'm guessing that serial number indicates it is a 1959. So this body should have an Mitchell
330 otomatic face plate correct?
Thanks again guys Always a pleasure Rob C Fish

cshannon772

Re: Confusing sn on a 330

Post by cshannon772 »

Robcfish,
Where are you going? Hang out here and learn something and interact for anything about Mitchell reels. From 1954 to 1958 the Garcia distributed Mitchell reels had stickers "a Garcia product" of varying designs attached to them. In 1958 "Garcia" was added to the engraving on the faceplate of Mitchell reels for those distributed in North America. Therefore, I think your reel is a true Garcia Mitchell 330. During this time if it wasn't distributed by Garcia it may have no Distro name or Balzer, Arca, Albatros etc. depending where in the world they were distributed.

Kind Regards,
Chris