Mitchel Reel Musem - Mitchel Mates Discussion Group

Mitchell Reel Museum Discussion Group

If you are looking to collect, buy, repair, service, learn, ask questions or go fishing with a vintage Mitchell Fishing Reel, you are at the right place! We are just Mitchell Reel collectors and enthusiast who enjoy an open discussion forum on "vintage" Mitchell Fishing Reels. Please Click Here to learn how to make a post and ask about Mitchell reel service or repairs, get advice on buying or collecting, or any other question in this free public forum.

"Click Here to Find Vintage Mitchell Reels For Sale Worldwide"

It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
New Topic Add Reply
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:50 pm • #  

Good Evening, I am new to the group and have recently acquired a couple of Mitchell reels. I have one in particular that I am unable to identify the year or value. It is just marked Mitchell and has no serial # on the foot. Additionally it has made in France on the back plate. I have attached a picture and can provide more.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:24 am • #  

Full bail---1/2 bail? Style of handle?? Type of anti-reverse? You can go on this site and look at pictures in our Gallery to help you out. :sSig_welcome4: to the group......
Kim :sCh_fisherman:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:35 pm • #  

tcunningham315, your photo didn't load...may be too large...if you edit your photo to down to 850 pixels or less, in width and height, it should load...three photos per reply...we can help you much more with photos...again, welcome to the Mitchell Museum...

Sandman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:11 pm • #  

Thank you for the replies. Here are three new pictures that have been reduced down to 850

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:06 am • #  

Welcome tcunningham315, :sSig_welcome2:
Your reel appears to be a forth version reel and I would guess dates to about 1954/1955.

To more precisely determine the date, I suggest you try and read the serial number which is on the housing, in this case, and not the reel foot bottom. 8o

Look on the housing's side that is opposite the handle to find the serial number. It is located near the top edge rearward of the handle and hole reinforcements. The number will be inverted, so you will need to turn the reel over to read it. Many of these numbers are quite difficult to read so if you have a magnifying glass you may want to use it.
Good Luck and Best Wishes
Kind Regards,
Bill :tup

Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
New Topic Add Reply