Mitchel Reel Musem - Mitchel Mates Discussion Group

Mitchell Reel Museum Discussion Group

If you are looking to collect, buy, repair, service, learn, ask questions or go fishing with a vintage Mitchell Fishing Reel, you are at the right place! We are just Mitchell Reel collectors and enthusiast who enjoy an open discussion forum on "vintage" Mitchell Fishing Reels. Please Click Here to learn how to make a post and ask about Mitchell reel service or repairs, get advice on buying or collecting, or any other question in this free public forum.

"Click Here to Find Vintage Mitchell Reels For Sale Worldwide"

It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
New Topic Add Reply
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:57 am • #  

:help: HI GUYS I am a NEWBEE to this site. The drag on my old MITCHELL 624 MULTIPLIER has started to slip even when it is wound up tight, Do I need to fit new washers and how do I fit the them and where can I get them? Any info, diagrams would be grateful. MANY THANKS, :help:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:31 pm • #  

Hello mowurj,

Welcome to the group :sSig_welcome4: .

I'm not under any circumstance an expert on the 600 series Mitchells........OK, I can't even be considered a novice. Well, if the truth be told....I've never even held a 600 series Mitchell :blush .

BUT, the schematic for the 624 is here in the Museum at this link:
http://www.mitchellreelmuseum.com/index ... tegory/318

I have seen the drag washers offered on eBay occasionally and there are a couple of parts dealers on there regularly. A good start would probably be "the fisher_ man" in Florida as he seems to specialize in parts for the saltwater reels.

Hope this helps - good luck in your repair.

Regards,
Chris

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 9:05 pm • #  
Many thanks for your response Chris. This reel is in good order apart from this Drag washer problem. Got a trip out Wrecking coming up so it would be Great to get this sorted so as to give it a BLAST. Found a couple of Guys over here who may help, but if not I will contact your guy.. TIGHT LINES AND SCREEMING REELS YA CANT BEAT IT

Last bumped by anonymous on Fri May 08, 2015 9:05 pm.

Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
New Topic Add Reply