Mitchell Bait Caster

Discussions On All Vintage Mitchell Reels...
don309

Mitchell Bait Caster

Post by don309 »

I'm looking to get a saltwater bait casting reel, of course I want a Mitchell. I saw a 602 at the flea market today. I'm looking for :text-feedback: on Mitchell bait casters, I have none. Just want a user reel.

Not home retired and fishing! Or playing with my Mitchell's!
cshannon772

Re: Mitchell Bait Caster

Post by cshannon772 »

Hi Don,
I have several of the Mitchell 600 Series reels (France), a 602A, 622 and 624 all Mint in numbers matching boxes. Beautiful reels and although I've never fished them or taken one apart, they are smooth and well made reels. I keep looking for other 600 Series reels to add to my collection but they are quite hard to find in excellent and better condition. They are notorious for the white plastic sideplates cracking and discoloring (yellow/brown) which I believe is attributed to overtightening the screws and nuts compressing the sideplate and over time resulting in the cracks (I have slightly loosened all of the fittings on my reels for display). I don't believe this affects performance but I think the discoloration is from grease/oil leaking through......Now you know everything I know about these reels ;) I like them!

Kind Regards,
Chris

Bonanza

Re: Mitchell Bait Caster

Post by Bonanza »

:text-goodpost: