Mitchel Reel Musem - Mitchel Mates Discussion Group

Mitchell Reel Museum Discussion Group

If you are looking to collect, buy, repair, service, learn, ask questions or go fishing with a vintage Mitchell Fishing Reel, you are at the right place! We are just Mitchell Reel collectors and enthusiast who enjoy an open discussion forum on "vintage" Mitchell Fishing Reels. Please Click Here to learn how to make a post and ask about Mitchell reel service or repairs, get advice on buying or collecting, or any other question in this free public forum.

"Click Here to Find Vintage Mitchell Reels For Sale Worldwide"

It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
New Topic Add Reply
 Post subject: re: the nose fish
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:05 pm • #  

Who:
Dad - Mitchell 300, True Temper 7 ft fiberglass, age 52
Mom - reading her book, age, Dad -4
Fred – Me, Garcia Spinette combo, 10 years old
My Sister – running along the bank, occasionally putting her line in the water. She is using her fairy wand. Dad named it that, so Sis would fish with it. It is a discount store light weight combo made in Japan. She is 8 (?)

Where:
Tionasta Dam spillway confluence of Tionesta Creek and the Allegheny River. Under Tionesta bridge, along the shoreline.
It was a beautiful, bright, sunshiny day.

Dad was sitting in his fishing chair (an old beat up aluminum folding chair).
Mom had an Indian blanket spread on the ground reading her book. She had coloring books and a set of crayons for us kids.
I am watch in my bobber, waiting for a strike. Suddenly, I hear a quiet shattering scream.

I looked toward the noise. Mom is standing behind Dad with a look of supreme pain and anger, fishing hook embedded in her left nostril. She is getting angrier by the second! “Florence, how many times have I warned you about walking behind my chair when I am casting!” Then the fight started.

Finally, Dad got a set of fishing pliers, cut the barb off and removed her unwanted fashion accessory.

Too this day, I do not know what goes with a hook in the nose!
Fred

Post subject: Re: re: the nose fish
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:22 pm • #  

Ferd72,

I once got hooked in the forehead by a fly fisherman! It hurt! I can imagine how it would hurt hooked in left nostril!

:sCh_fisherman:

Randy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:53 pm • #  

Dad and I were out bass fishing one day and just as he made a cast he realized that his line was was going out much faster and longer than his cast should be. Then he realized that he had a duck on his hook. We were jigging and just as he made a cast a duck flew in from behind him and he managed to snag it without even seeing it No fresh duck, the line snapped but from what I remember he still had enough line left for him to reel in and put another jig on and we kept fishing, but it sure gave us a new topic to talk about.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:37 pm • #  

A club I belonged to chartered a party boat. We were 5 - 6 miles out on the ocean, fishing for blue fish. One guy with a spinning rig, decided he needed to cast. When he did he caught a guy, in the face 1/4" beside his eye. Man that guy was in pain! The captain came down on the deck, and wanted to go in. That was the 1st time I was on a trip a captain wanted to go in. The guy said no, take it out. So the captain did the, rubber band trick under the barb and got it out. The guy had blurred vision for a week. Casting on the ocean :blush :sAng_banghead2:

May your lines always be tight, Don

Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
New Topic Add Reply