Mitchel Reel Musem - Mitchel Mates Discussion Group

Mitchell Reel Museum Discussion Group

If you are looking to collect, buy, repair, service, learn, ask questions or go fishing with a vintage Mitchell Fishing Reel, you are at the right place! We are just Mitchell Reel collectors and enthusiast who enjoy an open discussion forum on "vintage" Mitchell Fishing Reels. Please Click Here to learn how to make a post and ask about Mitchell reel service or repairs, get advice on buying or collecting, or any other question in this free public forum.

"Click Here to Find Vintage Mitchell Reels For Sale Worldwide"

It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
New Topic Add Reply
 Post subject: Year's last Outing
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:39 pm • #  

With the season at an end, thought I would share my last fishing day for 2017. This is a four mile walk-in lake, gaining 1000' feet in elevation to about 4100'. Marion Lake is situated half-way between Mt. Jefferson and Three Fingered Jack (in the background) in the central Cascade mountain range in Oregon. It holds fat Brookies and Rainbows. The Rainbows in the photos are 15-16". I caught 14 of these last Sunday. I slow troll a small flatfish near the surface. They strike it with a vengeance. I keep my FRONCE 308 drag a bit on the light side. Sometimes you could hear the echo of the singing drag bounce back. There was nobody within 10 miles of me that day.

Sandman

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: Year's last Outing
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:23 pm • #  

Sandman, absolutely beautiful pics and fish. I should be out fishing with a Mitchell today but can't stay away from the tube and the NFL Games. Thanks for posting your Year's Last Outing.
Best regards, Dennis2149

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:11 am • #  

Thanks Dennis, at least the Steelers won for you...I may get one more day this weekend...winter is fast approaching...

Sandman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:37 pm • #  

It must have been coldwith the snow on the ground in the background. A 4-mile hike with what you took in must have been pretty heavy on the way back down. No one no one is next to you up there in God's country.
Kim :sCh_fisherman:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:08 pm • #  

Hey Kim, it was cold in the AM...35 degrees at the trailhead at 8:00...see pic...but being a wonderful fall day, it climbed to above 60 degrees in the afternoon and with the sunshine and no breeze I had to shed layers out on the lake....the solitude was an amazing feeling...almost eerie....No extra weight on the way back...all 14 fish swam away...pretty sure I am back up this Sat...forecast is for more of the same.

Sandman

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:13 pm • #  

Awesome thanks for sharing story and pics . Cheers.

Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
New Topic Add Reply