Mitchel Reel Musem - Mitchel Mates Discussion Group

Mitchell Reel Museum Discussion Group

If you are looking to collect, buy, repair, service, learn, ask questions or go fishing with a vintage Mitchell Fishing Reel, you are at the right place! We are just Mitchell Reel collectors and enthusiast who enjoy an open discussion forum on "vintage" Mitchell Fishing Reels. Please Click Here to learn how to make a post and ask about Mitchell reel service or repairs, get advice on buying or collecting, or any other question in this free public forum.

"Click Here to Find Vintage Mitchell Reels For Sale Worldwide"

It is currently Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]
New Topic Add Reply
 Post subject: 2017 Fishing in Maine
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:29 pm • #  

Hi Mates,

It's been a while since I've been able to log on and see what's going on in he Mitchell World. I just returned from my annual pilgrimage to my cabin in Maine for some fishing and relaxation - which was sorely needed!! Prior to my vacation I was on business travel so I have a lot of catching up to do around here :sHa_biggrin:

Spring came late to Maine this year as the water in the brooks, rivers and lakes was very high and cold (high 40s F). Thus the fishing was slow and sporadic.
Attachment:
Just Fishing 2017.jpg

Just to be back at the cabin and on my favorite waters was well worth the trip.

Wildlife (animals..not mine) was plentiful as I saw several moose.
Attachment:
Moose in Road 2017.jpg

This one was standing in the middle of a logging road. He/she (can't tell this time of year as they shed their antlers) was fairly small - about the size of a large horse. He just watched me from about 100 yards away and then mosied into the woods.

The trip did include several very nice wild brook trout such as this one below.
Attachment:
12in Brook Trout 2017.jpg

Using my ever trusty Garcia Mitchell 304 and a "New" early 1970s Garcia 2501B 5 1/2" Light Action rod, I did manage to land this beautiful 12" Brookie. A trophy by any standard for wild trout caught from a brook!!

Good to be back (sort of :sSa_sadeyes: ) but I do look forward to catching up with all my Mates here in the Museum.

Best Regards,
Chris

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:38 pm • #  

Welcome Home! 8)

Randy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:04 pm • #  

Hi Chris, Reading your post has me in a quandary , never having trout fished with a round body in my life ( 72 years) I am pretty sure next time I go out I'm going to put an outfit together and try one .I always use my 308 for trout.Welcome back from your vacation and to the museum, it was down again for a short time again,glad it came back too. Oscillator1 / John in P.A.,

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:18 pm • #  

Chris, welcome back to civilization...looks like a great trip....that's a cool combo you have...My ULs has seen a few fish so far this year, but nothing as pretty as that Brookie...But seeing it, may get me to take a backpacking trip to where we have those Brookies in the Cascades of Oregon....

Sandman

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:26 pm • #  

Chris, thanks for posting the great pics. I've been catching some stocked rainbows, brown trout and a couple of brookies here in Central PA this spring with an early Mitchell 308 and a 3rd version Mitchell half bail. Regards, Dennis2149

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:54 am • #  
Global Moderator

Hi Chris,

Welcome back

regards from the lowlands

Dries :sAni_fish:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:04 pm • #  

Thank you Mates for the kind remarks and wishing you all "tight lines" for your fishing season :sCh_fisherman: . Since returning from Maine, haven't had much time for you all and the Forum but as work slows down a little, hope to have more time to be much more active here......I've missed the conversations and looking forward to getting back to normal.

Best Regards,
Chris

Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]
New Topic Add Reply