Mitchel Reel Musem - Mitchel Mates Discussion Group

Mitchell Reel Museum Discussion Group

If you are looking to collect, buy, repair, service, learn, ask questions or go fishing with a vintage Mitchell Fishing Reel, you are at the right place! We are just Mitchell Reel collectors and enthusiast who enjoy an open discussion forum on "vintage" Mitchell Fishing Reels. Please Click Here to learn how to make a post and ask about Mitchell reel service or repairs, get advice on buying or collecting, or any other question in this free public forum.

"Click Here to Find Vintage Mitchell Reels For Sale Worldwide"

It is currently Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
New Topic Add Reply
 Post subject: My Mitchell story
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:16 pm • #  

Hello and thank you for letting me join this wonderful forum. I just wanted to share my story tying me to one of the most brilliant reels ever created. I was 14 years old when my Grandfather passed away and my Grandmother gave me my first Mitchell 300. It was in very good condition and came with a Montgomery Ward pack rod and box top. I cleaned the reel up and fished with it all of the time. I found the paperwork in an old tackle box in my shed and read the manual cover to cover. I knew then I wanted a Garcia tackle box for the reel and a Garcia companion spinning rod to match the reel. For years I've searched and finally about 4 years ago I found the rod and just recently acquired the tackle box. Since that first reel I've been bit by the Garcia bug bad and now own several Mitchell 300 reels along with a collection of 308,304,314,330 otomatic,350,400,410,408 and 306 reels. I am now 22 years old and have branched out into conolon fishing rods and ABU fishing reels as well as items that Garcia marketed for the fishing market as well as a Mitchell dealer kit for any parts I might need. I have been researching these reels and the Garcia company as a whole and own Wallace's book on the 300 (a very good and informative read I might add) and I am looking to learn more about the products that Garcia marketed and sold from the years 1950-1968 as those are the years I decided to focus on. Any information any mates could give me would be greatly appreciated. Tight lines Mates!,

Nick Papesh

Post subject: Re: My Mitchell story
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:13 am • #  

Hello another Mitchell Bug bite story Good onya mate I got bit too about 30 year ago no cure , Have fun . Cheers Fishabout .

Post subject: Re: My Mitchell story
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:04 am • #  

Welcome Nick and congratulations on a good start to your ever growing collection. Garcia produced catalogs and annuals from the 50's and up. Used to be many of them on ebay but seems to have dried up over the past few years. I mention ebay because of the world wide access to sellers. All your collection and at a young age too. WOW!!! I have been collecting for 30 plus years long before the internet opened up to easier finds. Garage and yard sales. Friends of friends plus tackle shows. If do searches you may find Tackle Shows in your area that would give you a chance for more items you are looking for. Good Luck in your life long quest...............
Kim :sCh_fisherman:
:sSig_goodjob2:
:sSig_welcome4:

Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
New Topic Add Reply