Mitchel Reel Musem - Mitchel Mates Discussion Group

Mitchell Reel Museum Discussion Group

If you are looking to collect, buy, repair, service, learn, ask questions or go fishing with a vintage Mitchell Fishing Reel, you are at the right place! We are just Mitchell Reel collectors and enthusiast who enjoy an open discussion forum on "vintage" Mitchell Fishing Reels. Please Click Here to learn how to make a post and ask about Mitchell reel service or repairs, get advice on buying or collecting, or any other question in this free public forum.

"Click Here to Find Vintage Mitchell Reels For Sale Worldwide"

It is currently Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
New Topic Add Reply
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:15 pm • #  

I'm new to the group and would just like to say hello! Back in the mid 80's I loved to fish the Eel River in Northern California, so I put together a good steelhead fishing outfit with a Mitchell 300 reel. I remember the sound of the reel and how smooth it was. Now I am starting to collect 300's again since my daughter has taken to fishing. So far I have found a 1961 and 1963 vintage reels. It's good to see there is still plenty of these reels still floating around.

For every fish there is a worm :hat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:03 pm • #  

Hi cactusjack,

Welcome to the Group :sSig_welcome2: ,

In my opinion the Mitchell 300 is the best all-round reel ever made and the early sixties are very nice - congratulations on getting a collection started. Especially with your daughter involved - days on the water with her and a couple of Mitchells will make for great times and priceless memories. If you have any questions, you're in the right place for any help you may need.

Regards,
Chris

For every fish there may be a worm, but for every Mitchell collector there are about 10 reels.........all of which they "gotta have" and all well beyond their allowance $$ :sFun_rofl:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:33 pm • #  

cshannon772 wrote:
Hi cactusjack,

Welcome to the Group :sSig_welcome2: ,

In my opinion the Mitchell 300 is the best all-round reel ever made and the early sixties are very nice - congratulations on getting a collection started. Especially with your daughter involved - days on the water with her and a couple of Mitchells will make for great times and priceless memories. If you have any questions, you're in the right place for any help you may need.

Regards,
Chris

For every fish there may be a worm, but for every Mitchell collector there are about 10 reels.........all of which they "gotta have" and all well beyond their allowance $$ :sFun_rofl:

I hear you Chris about "for every collector there are about 10 reels". I now have (4) 300's and a 304 CAP that dates to 1955'. ;)

Ron :hat

Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
New Topic Add Reply