Mitchel Reel Musem - Mitchel Mates Discussion Group

Mitchell Reel Museum Discussion Group

If you are looking to collect, buy, repair, service, learn, ask questions or go fishing with a vintage Mitchell Fishing Reel, you are at the right place! We are just Mitchell Reel collectors and enthusiast who enjoy an open discussion forum on "vintage" Mitchell Fishing Reels. Please Click Here to learn how to make a post and ask about Mitchell reel service or repairs, get advice on buying or collecting, or any other question in this free public forum.

"Click Here to Find Vintage Mitchell Reels For Sale Worldwide"

It is currently Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
New Topic Add Reply
 Post subject: New aquistion
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:22 pm • #  

While fishing yesterday my wife and her friend went to garage sales. At this one she bought me a GM 410. Has a little boat rash but looks to have never been on a rod. Cleaned and lube now. Put it on a Garcia Conolon 2604-C that she also purchased with a Daiwa reel. Rod in very good shape. I have been looking for another outfit for when I go fishing so I don't have to keep changing hooks and lures all the time. I am a left-handed fisherman but this will do. Perfect match. All for a mere price of $11 and 1/2 labor. I'll put it against these throwaways any day. On a lighter note. I went fishing last night with an 80 year gentleman. Reluctantly I let him use my GM331 and Conolon pole. After the first cast he really did well. Surprised him an older outfit would work so well with a finger-dab to boot. He lost a good size walleye but landed a keeper...........
Kim

Post subject: Re: New aquistion
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:06 pm • #  

No shipping charges and Ebay and Paypal got nothing!!

Nice to find something local...it's like treasure hunting!!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:18 pm • #  

My wife is responsible for much of my collection that I fish with. She sees Mitchell and Conolon then starts to barter. Poor people don't realize she knows what is what. That's why we like garage sales. Tackle boxes, tackle and stuff like that can be had cheaply, as ebay will show you. They buy pennies on the dollar and get great prices in return. Just have to be there when it gets set out............
Kim

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:17 pm • #  

Sounds like a well run operation!

Nice also to do some hunting/collecting that isn't done on the computer online!!

Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
New Topic Add Reply