Mitchel Reel Musem - Mitchel Mates Discussion Group

Mitchell Reel Museum Discussion Group

If you are looking to collect, buy, repair, service, learn, ask questions or go fishing with a vintage Mitchell Fishing Reel, you are at the right place! We are just Mitchell Reel collectors and enthusiast who enjoy an open discussion forum on "vintage" Mitchell Fishing Reels. Please Click Here to learn how to make a post and ask about Mitchell reel service or repairs, get advice on buying or collecting, or any other question in this free public forum.

"Click Here to Find Vintage Mitchell Reels For Sale Worldwide"

It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
New Topic Add Reply
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:36 pm • #  

When i was a kid (1970's) i used to pick thru junk for good finds. I tore down a burned garage for some extra cash one summer and found an old Mitchell 304 reel and a small aluminum Mitchell spare spool holder. Well i used the reel for many years and then put it in the rafters of my garage where it has been since 1989. Well this summer i got the bug back to go fishing and i put my reel on a new 7' Berkley Cherrywood pole that i had bought back in '88 but never used. The reel still works perfect and i am glad i hung on to it. The aluminum can is on a shelf where it too has been for 23 years...Bob

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:26 pm • #  
Global Moderator

Hi Bob,

Nice story mate! Welcome the the site I hope you will find it useful. Enjoy! Cheers

Regards, Scott

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:19 pm • #  
Administrator

Hi Bob, Great Mitchell resurrection story. There's many others like you worldwide where their old Mitchell reels are being brought back to life. Maybe the poor economy and lack of cash is one reason why. You can spends hundreds on a new reel or use an old Mitchell that not only works better (in most cases) but it also brings back fond memories. Thanks for sharing your story :tup Best Regards, Wallace

"Greater is He that is in me than he who is in the world"

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:39 pm • #  

Thanks guys. My grampa was a diehard Mitchell 300 user. He would scour the Sunday newspaper flyers looking for great deals on them. He had at least 20 of them and i don't know whatever happened to them after he passed. I always like my smaller 304 than his but i never told him that...Bob

Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
New Topic Add Reply