Mitchel Reel Musem - Mitchel Mates Discussion Group

Mitchell Reel Museum Discussion Group

If you are looking to collect, buy, repair, service, learn, ask questions or go fishing with a vintage Mitchell Fishing Reel, you are at the right place! We are just Mitchell Reel collectors and enthusiast who enjoy an open discussion forum on "vintage" Mitchell Fishing Reels. Please Click Here to learn how to make a post and ask about Mitchell reel service or repairs, get advice on buying or collecting, or any other question in this free public forum.

"Click Here to Find Vintage Mitchell Reels For Sale Worldwide"

It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]
New Topic Add Reply
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:15 pm • #  

mitchell 411 reel with serial # 336612, didnt have info on the 410/411 pg, wonder if its a early date or late,thx

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:30 pm • #  

I think you are missing a number or possibly an alphabetical letter prefix because the 411 doesn't show being produced until 1966.
The numbers that you listed would date the reel to 1954 which was way before the 411 was produced. If the reel was produced from 66-70 it would have a 7 digit serial number, if it was made between 71-76 it would have a total of 7 digits with the first being a letter such as an A or B.
Sometimes the stamps can be very light, almost nonexistent, or depending on the condition of the reel, it could be hard to see because of wear or corrosion. While I've owned a lot of 410 reels,
I've never owned a 411, so maybe another member with more knowledge than I have will be able to help.
I have an Otomatic Match reel that I've struggled with. I know it should have a letter prefix but it's impossible to make out for sure,
and have had several other Mitchells that were impossible to date because the serial numbers weren't readable.

Mike

Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]
New Topic Add Reply