Mitchel Reel Musem - Mitchel Mates Discussion Group

Mitchell Reel Museum Discussion Group

If you are looking to collect, buy, repair, service, learn, ask questions or go fishing with a vintage Mitchell Fishing Reel, you are at the right place! We are just Mitchell Reel collectors and enthusiast who enjoy an open discussion forum on "vintage" Mitchell Fishing Reels. Please Click Here to learn how to make a post and ask about Mitchell reel service or repairs, get advice on buying or collecting, or any other question in this free public forum.

"Click Here to Find Vintage Mitchell Reels For Sale Worldwide"

It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]
New Topic Add Reply
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:09 am • #  
Global Moderator

Mates,
Since eBay is the price setter for most after market items sold these days, I had developed the habit at looking at the "sold" fishing tackle items to get an idea what fishing tackle was currently selling for. This involved closely examining any pictures that were attached to the sold items.
Now, it appears that when I do this, usually, I get a link to another similar item that hasn't been sold yet, and not either information, or pictures of the sold item.
I guess it may mean that eBay might get an additional sell from the unsold item, but it will interfere with anyone wanting to get an idea of current values. :sCh_taz:
This may be a step on eBay's part to make additional money charging for access to those completed sales. :sCo_hmmthink:

Regards,
Ted Lanham

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:55 am • #  

Ted, that was happening to me for awhile too...but has since stopped and the sold listing is now taking me to the correct listing along with the photos like it used to...

Sandman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:14 pm • #  

Hey Sandman,

Thanks! Confirmed; I just tested. This reversal must have just happened within the last 2 days.

So glad. This was bad by eBay for all buyers/sellers of collectibles where condition makes a big difference in desirability/price.

So Ted, you're back to being our man!

John

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:51 pm • #  
Global Moderator

Mates,
After John made his post, I tried it again, an on the first couple of tries it gave me new items, but all of a sudden it started working the old way again. :clap
Maybe, they had to put a cookie on me to get it working right. :sCo_hmmthink:
Anyway, I don't buy or sell much on there, but it's an old habit of trying to stay up with prices.

Regards,
Ted Lanham

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:34 pm • #  

Hey Ted!

Erase all your E-Bay cookies and start again...works wonders!!!

Regards,

Reely

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:42 pm • #  
Global Moderator

Shucks,
Tried this again tonight, and it still fail about 75% of the time. Tried erasing all cookies and no difference.
I'll try another computer tomorrow. :sFun_bricks:

:sFi_flamethrower:eBay

Ted Lanham

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:39 pm • #  

Hey Ted,

Respectfully, cookies may not be your problem.

Likely, your browser cache is the problem. Your problem is not 100%, so my guess would be you are loading old page copies from your cache when the problem occurs.

You can clear your browser's cache by going into its options/settings. In Chrome, it's under "more tools"/"clear browsing data" - you can uncheck "passwords" to save you the bother of having to re-enter them.

If you can't find how to clear the cache from within your browser, do this. Assuming you are in Windows, open your browser and hit CTRL+F5 keys (simultaneosly). This will clear the cache - and passwords (if I remember correctly).

Warm regards,
John

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:55 am • #  
Global Moderator

Mates,
I think I have the answer! :sBo_bouncing2:

eBay has changed things, a bit, but they didn't tell anyone.

I tried everything that you guys suggested, and everything I could think of with no success.
Then I did a search on "The listing you’re looking for is no longer available. Check out this similar item we found for you." That was what I got, most of the time, when I was looking at completed sales.
Many on the net said they were having the same problem, and one guy noticed that the "listing" was clickable and went to the correct item.

I tried it several times, and that seems to be the answer.

Tricky, tricky on the part of eBay. :sSW_saberfight2:

Regards,
Ted Lanham

Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]
New Topic Add Reply