Mitchel Reel Musem - Mitchel Mates Discussion Group

Mitchell Reel Museum Discussion Group

If you are looking to collect, buy, repair, service, learn, ask questions or go fishing with a vintage Mitchell Fishing Reel, you are at the right place! We are just Mitchell Reel collectors and enthusiast who enjoy an open discussion forum on "vintage" Mitchell Fishing Reels. Please Click Here to learn how to make a post and ask about Mitchell reel service or repairs, get advice on buying or collecting, or any other question in this free public forum.

"Click Here to Find Vintage Mitchell Reels For Sale Worldwide"

It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next   Page 1 of 8   [ 233 posts ]
New Topic Add Reply
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:12 pm • #  

Hi Mates. While surfing the MRM, I found that many pictures can no longer be viewed since Photobucket had made there change. I thought that I would start this topic and post pics from my collection and hope that other mates will add pics from their own collections. I know that perhaps some, if not many of you are familiar with some of these items but maybe there are some you haven't seen before. I hope you will jump in and post some of your own pics for all of us to enjoy. Questions and comments welcome. Respectfully, Dennis2149

Here we go....

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:15 pm • #  

A few more....

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:20 pm • #  

A few more...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:32 pm • #  

CAP Manual stamped....

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:09 am • #  

Hello Dennis 2149, Thank you for posting the beautiful pictures of the items in your collection. It gives a lot of Mates the chance to see items we didn't even know existed. I hope some of the other missing photos are resurrected also. Regards, John in Pa.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:18 am • #  

Thanks John in PA. Mighty cold there/here recently. That's what made me get the camera out. When I dived into the Mitchell Reel Hobby, I started to see, as perhaps many other mates did, items related to our interesting field of study. I picked up a few items that I could afford and enjoyed viewing items other mates shared and continue to share with us. I especially enjoy seeing items found on the European Continent where it all started. Stay warm John. Best regards, Dennis2149

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:30 pm • #  

Dear Dennis 2149,

That's a great idea and some interesting pieces. I would like to see the reel that goes with the wooden handle !!

To keep the ball rolling, I attach photos of a Mitchell watch.

Kind regards,

Rolands.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:38 pm • #  

Hi Mates,

Great thread Dennis and some very nice and little seen items :tup . I thought I'd add a few to keep it going.

Below are new in the package Manual Pick-Up (PUM) kits for the Mitchell 304/314, 306 and 307 (Intermediate) and 302 (Salt Water). There is also a kit for the 303 in an orange box marked Salt Water which I don't have yet.
Attachment:
PUM Conversion Kits.jpg

These are the display cards which were inserted in the base of the box to do a countertop display the respective reels. I'm missing the 308 and 350.
Attachment:
Mitchell Display Cards.jpg

These are very hard to find Garcia ashtrays for 1958 and 1961 with the calendar embossed on them. They were dealer gifts to customers who made significant purchases or "Frequent Fliers" in the shop.
Attachment:
Garcia Ashtrays.jpg

Fun Fact: I actually bought the 1961 Garcia ashtray TWICE :sFun_bricks: I originally bought it from a collector and then I gave it away to who I thought was a fellow collector who gave me a BS story - I even paid the shipping! Several months later he had it listed on the "Bay" :nono . I contacted him with no response, so I had to outbid everyone just to get it back!!!! AND pay shipping again :blush.

More to follow.

Regards,
Chris

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:44 pm • #  

Cool watch Rolands. I have just two wooden knobs in my collection. I hope they are not reproductions. Eventually, I'll post pics of the reels they came with--still my in storage excuse for now.

Another great find some years ago.....

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:46 pm • #  

CAP Kit...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:54 pm • #  

Hi again Mates,

Here are a few more.

These are some NIB Mitchell tools, NIB Garcia grease and a very hard to find NIB Garcia line winder that attaches to a rod to spool your reel from around 1954.
Attachment:
Mitchell Tools.jpg

These are a couple of dealer items; A profit calculator slide rule and a couple of Garcia pocket protectors.
Attachment:
Garcia Dealer Items.jpg

And some NIB Platyl fishing line displays.
Attachment:
Platyl Line Display.jpg

I'll add more in the near future :sBo_bouncing2:

Regards,
Chris

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:59 pm • #  

Dennis, Thank you for posting these very interesting and beautiful photos. What is the story with the handle? Is it an orphan or does it go to your 2nd version?
I was going over older posts and ran across a post you made that had photobucket pics that are gone. Any chance you could re-post them? I would love to see them. :sBo_bounce2:

Dennis2149 wrote:
Hi Wallace and Mates, here is my first attempt to post pics. See my recent 2nd version pics with the mentioned grey coating. The reel has seen a rough life but I was glad to recently obtain it. If this works more pic may follow. Please bear with me, Dennis2149

\

Kind Regards,
Bill :tup

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:01 pm • #  

Hey Mates,

Cool, fun stuff. :sSig_thankyou:

John

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:07 pm • #  

Bill, let me work on finding the pics if I can. I hope that I still have them. Between a computer virus and new computer, I'll have to dig a little. Best regards, Dennis2149

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:14 pm • #  

Chris, Dennis, John
We all posted about the same time so there were more fantastic pics when I finished my post! HOT TOPIC :sHa_clap2:

Kind Regards,'
Bill :tup

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:22 pm • #  

Hi mates,
Yes due to the multiple postings, I lost some attempts at posting.
Chris,
Very nice items. I'll certainly run out of pics before you do. I'll need the other mates to help me out.

Let's see what I can find......Oh yes.......These came with the lure locks already installed....

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:32 pm • #  

Hi Mates,

:sFun_rofl: :sFun_rofl: :sFun_rofl: :sFun_rofl: Seems we've got a posting frenzy going on here - which is awesome!

Dennis great collection of ABU Reflex lures! :tup I love your CAP Repair Kit; especially those gaskets for the older CAPs which are impossible to find - I have a few that I keep in a safe in the basement :sHa_lol: .

Best Regards,
Chris

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:47 pm • #  

Thanks Chris,
I'm glad many seem to be enjoying this topic. I'm having fun sharing.

How's this??????

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:48 pm • #  

Publisher......

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:39 pm • #  

Dennis,

Great paperwork - I think that is for a 1st/2nd Version Mitchell and I have the exact same one except in English.....Not many of them around.

Here are a couple of the smaller repair kits for the Mitchell 300 and 304.
Attachment:
304.300 Repair Kits.jpg

This is for the 304 which is mostly complete.
Attachment:
304 Repair Kit.jpg

And the 300 which is also mostly complete.
Attachment:
300 Repair Kit.jpg

I bought both of these from sellers in France. Note the 2 digit part numbers inside the compartments. I also have kits for the 320, 324 and 330 but they have stickers on the box top vice being embossed with the applicable model like these two for the 300 and 304.

Regards,
Chris

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:51 pm • #  

Nice Kits Chris,
I tried for one or two some years ago on eBay but didn't win the auctions. He's some more....

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:53 pm • #  

Bottom....

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:30 pm • #  

Another Dealer Kit only marked No.820

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:32 pm • #  

Bottom

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:45 pm • #  

Mates,
for some time during the beginning of this hobby I really got into repairing and collecting early Mitchell spools and their storage containers. Attached find an early spool with an extra aluminum disk. I've only found this one small capacity spool and one other large capacity spool with an extra disk in their construction. Have any other mates ever found this in an early spool???

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:33 pm • #  
Global Moderator

Mates,
You guys are taking my breath away with all these Mitchell goodies. Please keep it up.

Ted Lanham

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:00 am • #  

And now I know why parts are so hard to find!!!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:01 pm • #  

Greatlaker/Bill,

To the best of my knowledge these are the lost pictures that you requested. I have many more pics of this reel if you would like them sent to you. Regards, Dennis2149

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:26 pm • #  

Dennis2149 wrote:
Mates,
for some time during the beginning of this hobby I really got into repairing and collecting early Mitchell spools and their storage containers. Attached find an early spool with an extra aluminum disk. I've only found this one small capacity spool and one other large capacity spool with an extra disk in their construction. Have any other mates ever found this in an early spool???

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:42 pm • #  

Hi Mates, these are some pics of my first Mitchell 3rd version. My very 1st claw bail. This was not a restoration/repaint project. Just a nice used condition reel that launched me into the half bail realm. I'll bet I'm not alone in having this happen to me mates!!! Regards, Dennis2149

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next   Page 1 of 8   [ 233 posts ]
New Topic Add Reply