Mitchell Intended Use By Model

A place to post history on anyone or anything associated with Mitchell...
stmcwhorter

Mitchell Intended Use By Model

Post by stmcwhorter »

Thank you for the opportunity to register, learn and join in discussions!

I've been collecting old Mitchel "Lefty Models" for a few years (301, 309, 407, etc...) and wonder if there is a List of sorts, which relates the Intended Use by Model (ie - relative to size, ratios, for freshwater, saltwater, etc...).

THANKS! Blue Skies!!!

stmcwhorter (..in South Carolina)

GreatLaker

Re: Mitchell Intended Use By Model

Post by GreatLaker »

stmcwhorter wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:09 pm Thank you for the opportunity to register, learn and join in discussions!
I've been collecting old Mitchel "Lefty Models" for a few years (301, 309, 407, etc...) and wonder if there is a List of sorts, which relates the Intended Use by Model (ie - relative to size, ratios, for freshwater, saltwater, etc...).
THANKS! Blue Skies!!!
stmcwhorter (..in South Carolina)
stmcwhorter, Welcome to the Mitchell Reel Museum! :text-welcomeconfetti:

A while ago I posted a table found in the Garcia Annual Magazines. Below is a link to the table which has a wide variety of specifications on models for sale. There are others but here is an example of what is out there.

https://mitchellreelmuseum.com/forum/vi ... e0d1#p1841

Hopefully this will help answer at least some of your questions and you can always post again those questions that are still open.

Again Welcome
Kind Regards,
Bill :D

piscesman

Re: Mitchell Intended Use By Model

Post by piscesman »

I'll try and take it 1 step further. I know there are charts out there that specify fresh or saltwater usage. 301 series intended for fresh water. I still use it for salt water 10# test when fishing the suds in the surf. 307- 407 intermediate for fresh or salt water. 303 - 403, 387, and any larger reels are designed for saltwater usage.
Kim