308X Gold

Our Mitchell Museum gets many great questions we'll try to post here to help more than one person...
diggerdag

308X Gold

Post by diggerdag »

308x gold questions: #1 when were these reels made? #2 How much line is picked up with each turn of the handle? #3 any idea of value of one in like new condition?

Ted Lanham

Re: 308X Gold

Post by Ted Lanham »

diggerday,
:text-welcomeconfetti: to the Mitchell Reel Museum.
That is one of the newer reels that I'm not acquainted with, doing a google search I found this link. http://www.fishingworld.com/fishing-and ... old-series

They seem to be valued on ebay less than $50, but one guy from Great Britain was asking $150 plus shipping.

Regards,
Ted Lanham

JEFF57

Post by JEFF57 »

Hi

I'm new to the board and not sure where to post this, but I have a question on a Garcia Mitchell 300 box. The reel serial number is 9026701 and I'm trying to find if my box is right for the reel. According to the serial number, this appears to be a 1955 reel? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

piscesman

Post by piscesman »

Hello Jeff and welcome to the board. You probably should have started a new topic on the questions thread. Maybe the administrators could relocate it there. That way people will be able to see your question and answer it quicker. You gave a 7-digit number which would put your reel into the 1960's. Mitchell had made approx. 1,000,000 by 1956 I believe. So, your guess on the serial number to your reel would place it at a much later date. Posting a picture here of the reel and box would be of great help. No bigger than 800 pixels. :text-welcomeconfetti:
Kim

JEFF57

Post by JEFF57 »

Thanks for the reply and info. I will repost in new topic.