Am I Crazy

Our Mitchell Museum gets many great questions we'll try to post here to help more than one person...
Sea Hunter

Am I Crazy

Post by Sea Hunter »

I now have 4 Mitchell 302's, a 303 and 486. All have been cleaned, lubed and fully reconditioned, rigged and ready to go. My son wanted the left hand model. I guess it's what senior citizens do with plenty of time on their hands. Waiting for the Cobia to come in. Crazy, but I fell in love with Mitchell's. When in my teens I could not afford one.

piscesman

Re: Am I Crazy

Post by piscesman »

If you are crazy, then the majority here mainly me are (is) certifiably insane. Sitting at my computer and glancing to my left there are no less than 9 Mitchell reels within my Eyesite. 4 in matching boxes and 5 without. This is not my normal storage area either. Mitchell paperwork and Garcia Mitchell paperwork and a variety of related trinkets. I have slowed way down from collecting too. Started over 40 years ago and really took off with Dennis Roberts 1st book he released. Never knew the vast models that Mitchell made. I thought at that time I had a BIG collection of Mitchell reels. NOT BY A LONG SHOT!!!! I still enjoy fishing with them, cleaning them and admiring them. Have purchased books, pamphlets, various paperwork, Mitchell poles and such. Good Luck in therapy!!!!!!
Kim :twocents-02cents: :banana-rainbow: :banana-blonde: :banana-dance:

don309

Post by don309 »

I don't have a whole lot of reels 24 today. I have given about 15 UL Mitchells and a rod to young anglersover the years. Today I have 204's 308's 408's and a few larger models. I fish most of them, so I can stay busy during the off season maintaining them. Mitchells, rod building, and making crankbaits (which I rarely use), keeps me busy :D

Not home retired and fishing! Or playing with my Mitchell's!
stickboyette

Post by stickboyette »

If it makes you guys feel any "less crazy", I have over 50 Mitchell 302s. Back in my website days, I dedicated most of my time trying to determine all of the 302 model variations. It was a labor of love, or as my wife called it: absolutely nuts. LOL

whiskeyjack

Post by whiskeyjack »

Hmmmm.... Glad I found this thread. I've got fourteen Mitchell/Garcial Mitchell reels: six are 300's (two of those are 300A's). A 330 that I thought was a 300...anyway. . . The two 308's, a 408 and a 310UL are my favorites: they run like old swiss clocks for now. And, except for the 302, 306 and 400, (bought for a Florida trip that didn't happen), they all need cleaning and lube. And, I'm learning how to do that. The thing is, I have no less than 12 other rods and reels.
:? I'm sick... SICK, I SAY! :shock: I neeeeed HELP! Like, NOW!!