Mitchell 304 c.a.p

Our Mitchell Museum gets many great questions we'll try to post here to help more than one person...
Chris8150

Mitchell 304 c.a.p

Post by Chris8150 »

I recently purchased some used fishing tackle(modern) but inside the bag was a mitchell 304. It says made in France with letter C A.P on the side. The only numbers i can find are on the reel body and they read 06690. Just wondering if anyone could enlighten me to the approx date so i can purchase a rod of same era to use. T.I.A

Ted Lanham

Re: Mitchell 304 c.a.p

Post by Ted Lanham »

Chris8150,
:text-welcomeconfetti: to the Mitchell Reel Museum.
The 304 reels are not my forte, but I know that those reels with the CAP are the earlier models and that there were several versions.
If you can post a picture or two, some of those mates that more knowledgeable about the 304 reels may be able to help.

Regards,
Ted Lanham

piscesman

Re: Mitchell 304 c.a.p

Post by piscesman »

Welcome to the site. Not my forte either. Dennis Roberts Collectors Guide has the CAP inscribed reels dated 1956 - 1955. After that Garcia was inscribed on the cover. Now I do know that C.A.P. was in raised letters opposite handle side but not sure of years. Does your reel have the full bail or the 1/2 bail? Big difference. Other more knowledgeable people will help further.
Kim :text-welcomeconfetti: