Baffle plate Refurbishment service (UK) for 330/440 & Otomatic

Discussions on How to Service Your Mitchell Reel and more...
Dave@TTR_UK

Baffle plate Refurbishment service (UK) for 330/440 & Otomatic

Post by Dave@TTR_UK »

Hello Folks,
I've been a member of the facebook group for a little while and just joined the forum after getting permission from Wallace to post on the facebook group about the baffle plate refurbishments I do in the UK, due to the parts being very difficult to obtain new. I was in the tackle trade here for 30 years and still repair and service reels and build/repair rods.

As I said, baffle plates are increasingly difficult to obtain brand new, so having been sent a reel to repair and service, I ended up making a mould to replace the worn plastic bail lever striker that trips the bail arm back over. I offer it as a service in the UK where people send me their baffle plate and I fit a new moulded piece, that way I can fine tune it and know it will work. I also now have a mould for the earlier 60's model ' Otomatic, which is a smaller striker, so I think that covers every 'type' Mitchell made. (far as i know!)

I'll add some before and after images so you get the idea clearly.

Hopefully while I'm here i may be able to help one or two people and learn something new ;)
Cheers !
Dave
Attachments
IMG_20210430_103041RRR.jpg
IMG_20210430_103041RRR.jpg (571.31 KiB) Viewed 315 times
mitchell-81063-baffle-plate-refurbishmenrt 1RRR.jpg
mitchell-81063-baffle-plate-refurbishmenrt 1RRR.jpg (263.52 KiB) Viewed 315 times
Mithchell-OTOMATIC-baffle-plae-1TTR-1rrssss.jpg
Mithchell-OTOMATIC-baffle-plae-1TTR-1rrssss.jpg (259.11 KiB) Viewed 315 times
IMG_20210428_214156RRRR.jpg
IMG_20210428_214156RRRR.jpg (560.07 KiB) Viewed 315 times

If you need to get in touch please EMAIL-TEXT OR WHATSAPP as I don't always get forum notifications.
E: [email protected] -
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/rodnreelrepairmanchester/
Instagram seach Trafford Tackle Repairs
Bonanza

Re: Baffle plate Refurbishment service (UK) for 330/440 & Otomatic

Post by Bonanza »

Dave, from time to time this problem/question comes up in repairing the auto-bail baffle plates. Thank you for applying your skills to remedy this important issue. Yes these baffle plates are extremely difficult to find. I appreciate you and for your willingness to help and offer your services. 👍😎
Kind Regards, Scott